Goal weight and calorie reduction

Options
Whenever I lose weight and update my goal using the customized options, the calories allowed to me decrease. Why is this so?I do not understand.
Or should I log in the weights instead of updating the goals?

Replies

• Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Whenever I lose weight and update my goal using the customized options, the calories allowed to me decrease. Why is this so?I do not understand.
    Or should I log in the weights instead of updating the goals?

Because one factor that effects your caloric allowance is your weight. If you weight less, you aren't allowed to eat as much. Other factors that effects your allawance are: height, age, gender and activity level.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Lighter people burn less calories. Less mass to move around = less energy required to move it. But I wouldn't change your goals unless you suddenly stop losing weight eating what you are eating....
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Lighter people burn less calories. Less mass to move around = less energy required to move it. But I wouldn't change your goals unless you suddenly stop losing weight eating what you are eating....

I agree with this. I don't mess with my goals. Just do the check-in. I'd only re-evaluate the goals if my calorie goal wasn't working for weight loss.
  • raaeft1
    raaeft1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you,friends.Point noted that I must not change my goal frequently.