Replies

• fitnowandforever
    fitnowandforever Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Raf702
    Raf702 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I always eat my salads so plain. Literally no dressing!! My typical "salads" are basically.. marinated grilled lemon pepper garlic chicken with just romaine lettuce & some spinach. What's your favorite salad, or how do YOU make your salad that's tasty, healthy & delicious?? Are there any dressings that aren't loaded in cals, fat, sugar & sodium? Share some with me please! :) Thanks

That alone sounds great, I don't think I'd get bored with that, Lol. There is a zero calorie dressing you can check out. It's by Walden Foods, they make zero calorie dressings, along with other zero calorie products. I have yet to try it, but it seems very convincing.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Olive oil + balsamic vinegar all the way!!!
    It has some calories but worth it if you fit it in your calories.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I usually put hot sauce on mine.

I'd bathe in hot sauce, if it wasn't so hot
  • tristalyn5314
    Options
    walden farms makes zero calorie dressing. they make about 10 kinds some of them are not very good but if you like balsamic its actually really good. spring mix slice green apple goat cheese grilled chicken and balsamic dressing for around 250cal filling and tasty
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I don't trust anything with zero calories. It scares me lol
    well other than mustard or something that is purely herbs.
  • tristalyn5314
    Options
    some of it is so bad i dont think its possible thats there is anything in it but the balsamic is good
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I love making salad with baby spinach, marinated grilled chicken, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, olives, feta, olive oil and balsamic - delicious!

Another one of my favorites is just mixed greens, chopped deli ham and turkey, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, sharp cheddar cheese, avocado, croutons and homemade ranch dressing that I make out of greek yogurt, skim milk and fresh herbs.

Also like baby spinach with grilled chicken, dried cranberries or blueberries, almonds or pecans, tomatoes, and balsamic and olive oil.

Fresh fruits like grapes, apples, berries, etc.. are really good on salads! Especially mixed with nuts...cashews are excellent in salad, too!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    tonight my dinner was a salad. i did red leaf lettuce, shredded carrot, thinly shaved cucumber, chickpeas, radish, bacon, cherry tomatoes, 2 slices of deli meat, a hard boiled egg and light ranch dressing.. 363 calories. sodium was a little high because of the lunch meat/dressing/canned chickpeas, 1151 but it was great and filled me up
  • RonitaE
    Options
    Try seasoned rice vinegar. I think it's delicious.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Try adding roasted veggies, I add pumpkin with cracked black pepper and feta. Roasted tomatoes and capsicum/ peppers are also much more flavoursome than raw.

Another addition is beetroot or apple.

I dress with lemon juice, balsamic or honey mustard (1 tsp wholegrain mustard, 1 tsp honey, squeeze of lemon and enough olive oil to get consistency right.)
  • KokomoJoe
    KokomoJoe Posts: 435
    Options
    I usually put hot sauce on mine.

I'd bathe in hot sauce, if it wasn't so hot

I've never put hot sauce on a salad, however I've only eaten at one place where their idea of suicide was too hot for me to eat.
  • CarlyC08
    Options
    I have used salsa which is yummy, or an organic balsamic vinaigrette.
    I would also suggest mixing up the flavors of the chicken you put on it. While the lemon garlic one sounds delicious, if you have that all the time it will get boring. Try different seasonings, etc, or even different meat!
    The best salad I've ever made was spinach, cajun grilled shrimp, feta crumbles, tomatoes, strawberry slices, and just a little organic balsamic. SO good!