Wanna be my friend?

Options
Hi all,

So I'm not technically new to the site but I had a bit of a vacation from it over the summer (and a vacation from weight loss - hello re-losing the same ten pounds!) while I was away and came back to find most of my friends had, understandably, gone.

I love the support of having folk who can encourage you, and being able to encourage others too. So I thought I could say a little bit about myself and if I don't sound like too much of a freak feel free to add me as a friend!

I'm 31, recently married and a North American living in Scotland. At my heaviest I was just over 200lbs and, although I've always been a little bit chubby it's only in the last few years that I have gone into the overweight category, and then dipped into obesity. I'm 5'7" and I've recently discovered that I actually kind of love exercise, especially trying new things (current fave is weight training!). I'm a PhD student and I work almost full-time too so I don't have a lot of time but that's just an excuse really! Anyway, I'm excited to be starting again and would love to hear from any of you about your weight loss journey.

:happy:

Replies

• steve240
    steve240 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sounds like my story also i took a break that ended up being a lot longer then i neede to . A lot of the people that i knew at one time on here no longer log in . good luck on your weightloss.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    welcome back :-) happily accept you as a friend. what are you doing your research/post grad in? :-)
  • symegeer
    symegeer Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My PhD is around health care systems in remote and rural areas? Not fascinating for everyone!
  • kagekone
    kagekone Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm also back after a break (stressing over exams is my excuse..). Add me if you want:)
  • kctbo
    kctbo Posts: 29
    Options
    Welcome...again-LOL:laugh:
  • krstal02
    krstal02 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I would be happy to be your friend. My name is Kristal I have lost 38 pounds so far but I've only been with MFP recording my weight for 33 pounds I think. I am trying to lose 5 pounds short term goal then another 40 will be my new new goal. Good luck with your weight loss goals.
  • maxandmabel
    maxandmabel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I joined some months back and of course didn't keep track of anything and of course i didn't shed any pounds at all but I am tired of being overweight so i am back and i will stick with it this time.:)
  • Allisonjean1964
    Options
    I love weight training!