Losing a Size a Month..Is It Possible and How Do You Do It??

Options
needlework
needlework Posts: 141 Member
Hi, everyone. Just wondering if anybody out there has lost an average of a 1 size a month. If you were able to do it, how? I have a lot of DVDs including 30 Day Shred, Turbo Jam, etc. I would really love to lose 1 size a month. I'm not so worried about the amounts of pounds I would be loosing, just want to get down some sizes. I'll take any suggestion thrown at me. Thanks everyone.

Replies

• Visser1971
    Options
    Hi there, It would be handy to know a little more about you. Where are you starting and where do you want to go? There is a big difference between starting in a size 22 and a size 10 (US sizes) and how much you can shed.

But the best way will be to boogie! The 30 day shred, cardio stuff, whatever it is - work out 5 times a week and eat right (think of 3 square meals and two healthy snacks and low sugar low salt). Take the stairs where ever you go.

Cheers, Christy
  • KijuanaC
    KijuanaC Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    A personal trainer I have worked with has a meal plan in conjunction regular exercise that he swears has you losing a dress size in 21 days. I'm going to start it next month. I will let you know how it goes. i've lost at least 1 dress size in the 2 months that I have been working out and eating health. I've probably lost 2 dress sizes, but i was squeezing into a lot of my clothes two months ago.
  • needlework
    needlework Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I should have had more info about myself. I am currently a size 24, but would love to get to a size 14/16 in the next 5 months.
  • WoWmamaErin
    WoWmamaErin Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    At the beginning of July (3.5 months ago) I was in a 20/22. Yesterday I bought a size 16 dress for a wedding I'm in this coming Friday. And the size 16 fits nicely, even without the corset under it!

I've counted calories, added exercise (30DS) and just went low carb (about 2 weeks ago) when I hit a month long plateau. I'm very happy with my progress this far!

I've gone from 256 to 212 in this time :)
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I started with a tight 14 and now have a loose 4. I started in January 2011 this year, so it's possible to lose more then 1 size a month, even a few a month, I did not go shop monthly for clothes, had to when they dropped off, lol

did wii active 1, active 2, insanity, asylum, 30DS, now on jillian buns and 6pack
    eat right and have lost almost 75lbs
  • ChocoMary
    ChocoMary Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Lost approximatively 1 inches per month, 7 months in MFP started with a size 18 (very very squeeze) to a 12 (very loose) ! You can do it ! ;) I do circuit training, elliptical, Jillian's Micheal (some program in alternance), Zumba WII, and walk-run ! ... Exercices 6 times a week and eat healthy most of the time ! 47 pounds lost !
  • get_it_gone2012
    Options
    Normally (disclaimer - VERY normally, this defs does not work for everyone) I was told about 10lbs = 1 size. Therefore, losing 10lbs a month is over 2lbs/week, so not very reasonable. But hey, give it a little over a month and you're golden! =)
  • jpamplin28
    jpamplin28 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I started in a tight size 24 and am currently in size 8 or 10 depending on brand/cut. I found that plus sizes can be up to 20 lbs between sizes while regular sizes are more 10 pounds between sizes. Of course it also has to do with how you carry your weight. If you are apple shape it might take longer to go down a size.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!