A Size A Month??? How Do You Do It?

Options
Hi, everyone. Just wondering if anybody out there has lost an average of a 1 size a month. If you were able to do it, how? I have a lot of DVDs including 30 Day Shred, Turbo Jam, etc. I would really love to lose 1 size a month. I'm not so worried about the amounts of pounds I would be loosing, just want to get down some sizes. I'll take any suggestion thrown at me. Thanks everyone.

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bump
  • a1rose
    a1rose Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I think definitely 30DS, along with some walking will help!! :)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I lose a size about every 20 pounds...losing 20 pounds a month sounds a bit ambitious to me, borderline unhealthy...but that's just my opinion.
  • Bluejay789
    Options
    I do not know about dropping a size a month but I do know that I am still wearing the same size pants I wore when I first started they are just baggy. I hope after I drop another 5 pounds that I will move down a size as I am losing weight all over. I am just no longer busting out of everything.

I would focus on cardio to burn the pounds off first. That's what I have done and I have built muscle doing the cardio (riding my bike and walking and I am losing weight. I did hit a plateau in September and stop losing weight for 3 weeks I could not lose 1 pound but the following week when I weighed I dropped two pounds and I have dropped another 2 this week but I need to load this morning.

If you are just starting off, I would start off with something simple so you do hurt yourself if you have not been exercising.

This is a lifestyle change of making better habits and choice of the food you eat and exercising or walking. I have some tips I can send you so you do not make the mistakes I made in the beginning. If you want them send me a message asking for tips.

This is a great website and you can do this. If I can lose 29 pounds you can too.
  • needlework
    needlework Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I was thinking more of working out than dropping pounds. I agree 20 pounds a month is a bit much, but I have read lots of reviews of people who exercise and they lose more inches than weight. That's kind of what I was basing my question on was the type of workouts that would lose inches. Thanks for your input!
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I've been at this since January, and I know I didn't drop a size a month.... even though I lost 14 pounds in my first month.

To be bhonest I don't think I actauly went down a size until I lost 20 pounds.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    My body seems odd. I can lose a size and pretty much stay the same weight. It just depends where you lose it from. I have a friend who lost around 40 pounds and she still wears the same pants -- because she lost it all in her upper body and her stomach (wears her pants around her hips, which hasn't lost anything).

So if there's a spot that you likely lose it from (for me, it's my hips, which is why I'm wearing a 0 pants at under 130), then you can figure out if you should lose a size or not.
  • justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    i lost a dress size with the 30 day shred, that was a month.