Advice needed - Thanks :)

Options
Hi -

Happy weekend everyone!!

Ok so I am around 4lb ish from my target weight of 135lb ( I don`t get weighed now until the end of October ) and I will have lost exactly 5 stone. ( 70lb ) I was just curious during their weight loss journey has anyone else lost their confidence and trying to find it? Sounds stupid probably as a lot of people gain it but I just feel like I am in a hole and I am trying to dig out but struggle!
I am epileptic and I have a blood disorder and I am in the process of trying to accept that my whole life is changing but at 26 it`s really hard considering I wanted to either be a air hostess or work within the law!
I lost my job within the NHS last September and also the same week lost my beautiful Great Nanny who was the one person I could trust / rely on at the age of 93! I piled on the weight again but managed to lose it, need to ( I think although others don`t ) tone a little and I have had council-ling for my epilepsy / Great Nanny, it`s just the fact my life is on the change regarding I can not have the job I dream t of!

So the question is - have any of you found that you have lost your confidence or am I just stuck in a bit of a rut?

Thankyou so much :-*

Sarah

Replies

• kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    it sounds like some bad things have happened to you and its normal to be depressed, i think once you hit the gym to start toning up that will help a lot, working out makes you feel great
    good luck!!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Everyone goes through it at least once in their life. You need to think positive thoughts. Exercise and talking always helps. :flowerforyou:
  • alisonwww
    alisonwww Posts: 104
    Options
    Nothing stays the same and everything changes. Change is the only thing you can rely on in this world. No matter how bad things are, it won't last. This goes for the good also. Try to stay positive and exercising will help you feel better.
  • trilikeagirl
    Options
    You've had some significant losses, and if you've lost 70 lbs (wow!) you've lost one of the coping skills you relied on too. Loss can make us feel pretty powerless. The good news is that how you cope now is something you have total control over. I think your idea of counseling could really be helpful in processing some of the loss and making a new plan for your future, which will put you back in the drivers seat. Nothing like a foot on the gas pedal of life and a hand on the horn to revive a little confidence..
  • rexland
    rexland Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    First of all, you are a big success right now. Don't forget that. 4 lbs is not a monumental struggle, it is a three week project. Second, for long term success, work in the gym is probably your biggest issue. Find at least one friend (don't even have to be close) that agrees that building some muscle is important and let them be your encouragement. You can even just go to the gym a few times and look for the people that are focused on what they are doing and have nice smiles. Keep winning the battle one day at a time. Given your issues your recent journey is already most impressive!
  • Jferg69
    Jferg69 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah
    It sounds like you have had a rough time of it lately. Any one of the issues you speak of would be hard to handle on there own, let alone all at once.
    There seems to be a lot of 'loss', in your recent past.
    It may be difficult to see the good things in life right now but, given some time, you will.

Take a look at what is going well in your life right now, i.e, your weight loss - what a great achievment, you have done fantastically well to be where you are now.
    Can you find some other things you are proud off, I bet you can.

Also, who said you cannot get your dream job. If you have been officially told, is there anything else you can think of that sounds like a great career, I bet you can think of something. If you have not been officially told, it could be that your present frame of mind is making your dream seem unobtainable, if your mood improves, the thoughts about your dream job may return.

I don't know if this helps but I wish you every success

good luck and well done
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!