Do yourself a favor if your serious about losing weight

Options
:smile: Its so simple and doesnt cost you a thing :smile:

If your truley serious about losing weight and Im sure you all are, then do yourself a favor and add as many friends as you can handle :happy: the more friends you have on MFP the more support and motivation you will receive!!! I promise it will make a difference especially if you dont have anyone to motivate you at home. Also make your diary public or just public to friends it will make you think twice about what your eating when others can see too. GOOD LUCK TO ALL :flowerforyou: Don't forget to add me or email me if you ever need anything :wink:

You probably thought I was going to give you some long story about how you should eat healthy and exercise and you should :laugh: but we all have started weightloss before and failed in some way shape or form because most of us need that motivation and support...someone to tell you..holy crap you lost how much weight so far or awesome job keep up the great work. We need to hear that it makes us feel like we are getting somewhere and accomplishing what we are setting out to do.

Make a giant calander nail it to your wall and set a certain amount of day. I have one started with 25 days just a smaller number so I know I will stick with it. I took drawing paper and put DAYS LEFT TO GO... and wrote the numer really big and every morning I rip the old number down and one day closer to reaching my goals. :happy:

Replies

• daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    You convinced me. Request on it way
  • debstanley4
    debstanley4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    can always use more new freinds.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    And smiley faces...don't forget those.
  • gurlondrums
    Options

If your truley serious about losing weight and Im sure you all are, then do yourself a favor and add as many friends as you can handle :happy: the more friends you have on MFP the more support and motivation you will receive!!! I promise it will make a difference especially if you dont have anyone to motivate you at home. Also make your diary public or just public to friends it will make you think twice about what your eating when others can see too. GOOD LUCK TO ALL :flowerforyou: Don't forget to add me or email me if you ever need anything :wink:

Does that mean that you're taking new friend requests? :bigsmile:
  • kenziberry
    kenziberry Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    You are right! I have no support system at home ( I moved away and dont know a single soul) I can use all the MFP friends I can get!!!!
  • tiflemtry
    Options
    I am going to elicit some 'buddies' to help keep me accountable. I've been doing MFP by myself for the last 3 months, and I've achieved part of my goal. I had 79lbs to lose, and so far, I've lost 25lbs, 54 to go. I can use all the help I can get. Thank you All!
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • tiflemtry
    Options
    I've been doing it alone too. Want to hook up spullano?
  • charlesalvear
    charlesalvear Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You're just the kind of positive person I love having in my circle of friends.

I absolutely love the social aspect of this site!

Request on the way!

Charles
  • court182
    court182 Posts: 307
    Options
    You are so right!
  • krackertw
    krackertw Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Glad to know you.
    We all need support! Request sent~
  • Gypsymorph51
    Options
    I can definitely use the support of good MFP friends who have the common goal of making a permanent healthy lifestyle changes. All of my family, other than my husband, live 16 hr.s away by car....so often, I feel totally alone, esp. since my husband is not ready to make a committment to making healthy changes. I hope he comes around some day to that way of thinking, but it has to be his decision. I need to focus on ME at this point, so I will be around and able to enjoy my life and loved ones for many many years.
    I would love to have you in my group of MFP friends. I love your positive and clear way of thinking :) Request sent :flowerforyou:
  • msbrowneyes85
    Options

Does that mean that you're taking new friend requests? :bigsmile:

Absolutely :laugh:
  • msbrowneyes85
    Options
    I am going to elicit some 'buddies' to help keep me accountable. I've been doing MFP by myself for the last 3 months, and I've achieved part of my goal. I had 79lbs to lose, and so far, I've lost 25lbs, 54 to go. I can use all the help I can get. Thank you All!

Good idideaIts nice to have atleast one person if not more to help you out along the way :smile: Good luck and remember to have fun!
  • genene111
    genene111 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I have 40 pounds left to go, I am a very positive encouraging lady, who would love to be anyone of your friends:)! I could defiantly use some encouragement right back:)! Please feel free to add me <3
  • Redladystl
    Redladystl Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Yeah well I,ve been wondering about opening my diary. This is the second post I've read that mentioned that it helps a whole lot more. I'm still kinda iffy only because, YES MY EATING IS WAY OUT OF WHACK!
  • conwayr
    Options
    im new here, and read a few posts, there great! and sounds like alot of support that i need, i will be reading and checking in often, Thanks for the great start!
    rc
  • msbrowneyes85
    Options
    Yeah well I,ve been wondering about opening my diary. This is the second post I've read that mentioned that it helps a whole lot more. I'm still kinda iffy only because, YES MY EATING IS WAY OUT OF WHACK!

Everyone has there days where they know they shouldn't have eaten whatever it was that wasn't so healthy but probably tasted sooo stinking good lol you can always try it out for a few days completely up to you but I noticed it really helps me eat much better
  • astul
    astul Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You are so right about losing more on here with friends supporting you...I've certainly lost more on here than when i was going it alone! I too need more friends to keep me going so feel free to add me!
  • ngcgurl03
    ngcgurl03 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    i am serious about losing weight. I need all the help and support i can get. It is not easy to lose weight and I definitely wont say it is. I am willing to do what it takes. I am determined, and i have will power to do this and make a change.