~*Sugar and Spice, Not Everythings Nice*~

Options
Hello Everyone,

I'm fairly new to MFP (about a month now) but let me say: I have been SO inspired thus far!!! :bigsmile:

I thought it might be time to introduce myself to the MFP community, so here goes.....I'm 26, work a 9-5, in school part time and I also have one of the most important jobs ever which is being a single mother to my :heart: , my 4 yr old son! :smile:

To sum up my weighloss journey....Its actually pretty simple. Pre-baby I was around 185lbs, size 8/10 and toned. Fast foward to now and I am about 217lbs, size 14/16 and "not so toned", LOL. I attribute my weighgain to pure laziness and a love for food. I'm telling you if there was a Pasta/Bread/Sweets Diet, i would be a faithful follower of that plan. I have however noticed that with my weighgain, I began to struggle with my self-esteem. Don't get me wrong, I love to look good and I dress up. Being a tall woman (I'm 5'10), I have to make sure i look the part because I am pretty much noticed wherever i go. But there are times when my weight causes me to feel insecure and disappointed in myself. I realize the need to make a change in my lifestyle and each day i am one step closer to my goal of 175lbs. I know that it will take time and I am dedicating this time to learning more about myself and becoming a more confident woman!

I am thankful for MFP and everyone who has shared their stories, trials and triumphs. I am encouraged everyday by what I see. Thank you for reading this :flowerforyou: and I hope that I can one day inspire someone else while on their journey! :happy:

“No matter what age you are, or what your circumstances might be, you are special, and you still have something unique to offer. Your life, because of who you are, has meaning.”
- Barbara de Angelis

Replies

• squishysangel
    squishysangel Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Welcome...and glad to have ya here....cudos on the hard work of being a single mom....you can and will do this...and it really is a journey in self discovery...
  • tuskegee4
    tuskegee4 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Surround yourself with positive people, positive food, and keep a positive attitude and you will achieve your goal in no time. You can do it and welcome to MFP.