Have you heard of Apple vinegar?

Options
Hi!
I was making some research on white vinegar for cleaning etc. Then I saw this article on apple vinegar. It apparently helps the body with...pretty much everything including helping out in losing weight. I am more interested in the other benefits of it and it can also help animals.

I have been drinking apple vinegar since tuesday. I found I have more energy to go to the gym and walk around. I gave a little to an old cat I am taking care of and she seems better and she has less pain when you take her.

Did one of you tried it before and what benefits did you notice?

I will keep taking it and try to update my status every week to let you know.

Sophie M. G.

Replies

• lisitabonita
    lisitabonita Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have. I take organic apple cider vinegar for sinus infections, acne breakouts, and ovarian cysts. It seems to help me.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I've used it in the past. The ordinary grocery store variety isn't as good for you as a health food store variety (I buy Bragg's) with the "mother in it".
  • butterflimom
    Options
    I have tried the natural one Braggs in the organic section. I think it's unfiltered.
    I am bad about remembering to take it or anything else for that matter, lol
    When I take it, I have more energy, less hunger, and feel better in my joints.
    It's suppose to have a lot of good benefits in it for your body.
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    It is supposed to help "flush" your system and help with colds and allergies but you only take a tablespoonful. Otherwise you're adding in more acid to your body I think.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Placebo.

"there is no scientific evidence that apple cider vinegar has any medical properties."

Beth Fontenot, MS, LDN, RD, of McNeese State University and Lamar University in TX.

in addition, acv is known to:

* ruin the enamel on the teeth.

* cause corrosive esophageal injury.

* cause serious health problems -- hypokalemia, hypereninemia and osteoporosis.

edited to add:

http://www.webmd.com/diet/apple-cider-vinegar
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Heinz cider vinegar is fine.
  • oneLessS
    oneLessS Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I notice it makes my body seem more in balance ph-wise. I use it when I have reflux-for some reason this helps more than anything else.
  • mirenner
    mirenner Posts: 205
    Options
    Bulmer's Irish Cider is better ;)