NSV :) NSD :|

Options
So I've lost weight. That's lovely. 65lb total, 26 of those with MFP. And six whole inches off my waist, I discovered this week.

I'm getting married next week and my ring no longer fits; falls right off. I'm not a Z anymore (US size 12.5). Tungsten cannot be resized. Victim of my own success!

Scramble for a new ring begins now!

Replies

• messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Well congrats on all those things! Hope you find a good replacement - I suggest getting either one that is very inexpensive or one that is very tight as I'm sure you will be in this same situation soon :smile:
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'm happy for your loss, sorry for your distress with the ring. Congrats on getting married though, that should bring enough happiness to overcome any stress over a new ring. Maybe pick a metal for the new ring that CAN be re-sized so that you don't go through this all over again. Best wishes to you and your bride.
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    nice NSV
  • sadlazarus
    Options
    Ah, but my dear Artemis, it must be tungsten carbide as it is to serve as a symbol of my vow. It cannot be bent or twisted, nor can it be scratched or tarnished. If you want to melt it, you will have to work harder than if it were any other metal. It is the heaviest biologically functional metal, and I wish always to feel it's weight and to be always reminded of the gravity and necessity of my promise. If one is careless, dropping the ring may shatter it, despite it's other qualities. It is used everyday in tools that bear great demand and stress. All in all then, I can think of nothing more fitting for a wedding band that is to be more than a decoration.

Long after my wedding is a memory, my ring, the symbol I carry will continue to serve it's quite meaningful purpose. So no, there shall be no lesser metal for my wedding ring.

I'm not distressed, more bemused. I hadn't even thought that not being quite so big would bring this particular hiccup. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!