HRM Reccomendations??

Options
After reading all the posts about people over/underestimating calories burned during workouts, I am thinking about getting a HRM. I know there are posts of people asking about specific HRM's, but guess I would like to know which ones are the favorites out there. Something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and is not completely manly looking would be nice too! Thx!:wink:

Replies

• GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    After reading all the posts about people over/underestimating calories burned during workouts, I am thinking about getting a HRM. I know there are posts of people asking about specific HRM's, but guess I would like to know which ones are the favorites out there. Something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and is not completely manly looking would be nice too! Thx!:wink:
  • kendallalissa
    Options
    I have the Polar F4 Women's Fitness HRM in pale blue. I think that's the only color they come in. And, yes, it's a "girly" color. It's $89.99 and you can buy it pretty much anywhere they carry HRMs (Target, Walmart, etc). I love mine to death! It's the least expensive Polar model that calculates your cals burned during exercise, and you can view it from the wrist watch.
    Now I know exactly what I'm burning, rather than over estimating (the exercise database online tends to error on the high side). Hope that helps! :glasses:

98575.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • megbar1979
    megbar1979 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I got the Polar F6 only because theF4 I bought at Target didn't work and they didn't have anymore. Sports Authority has the F6 on sale for $99. I used it for the first time last night and really like it! Found out I burned 30 more calories than I thought. It's pink too..very girly!
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I ADORE my polar F6. It's so essential to my workouts- don't know what i did without it!:flowerforyou:
  • megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    I was just about to post a similar question...I have a Sportsline HRM (not sure which model) that I got a few months ago. Does anyone use this brand, and are you happy with it? I find that my calories burned varies alot during the same workout...anywhere from 200 to 600. Is such a variation normal and do you think my HRM is accurate?
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I have a red polar f6 - cost me £64.95, and it's fab :flowerforyou: