HELP!!! Eating out at Bravo's Tonite!

Options
So today is my gram's 75th birthday and we are going to BRAVOS! Italian restaurant for dinner. Normally i don't worry about eating out because i look the nutrition menu up before we go and i can plan ahead, or i choose something off the "light" section of the menu, but they don't have "light" options on the menu and i cant find a nutrition chart ANYWHERE online. Can anyone offer me so advise on good menu choices there!? I expect that ill go a little over today but i don't want to go CRAZY over ya know!?

OHHHH!!!! I should probably also mention that i have Crohn's Disease and while i can eat foods that have some spinach or lettuce in them eating an entire salad is not an option :(

Replies

• voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Stay away from cream based sauces, stick with marinara etc. Wheat pasta if you can, no white pasta. Minimal on the free bread and the oil. While the oil is good for you in a small quantity... having the loaf of bread with a complete half bottle of the oil is no good. Veggies when you can. Don't freak out. It's really not that big of a deal.
  • fatguyweightloss
    Options
    Don't know the specific restaurant, but for Italian I normally go for chicken parmasean and ask to hold the pasta. Many times they will offer to replace with some grilled veggies. Lots of protein to fill you up, bit if fat to keep you satisfied, and not too many carbohydrates.
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Rosemary grilled shrimp, Balsamic glazed chicken, or a steak (hold the butter) with a double serving of veggies instead of potatoes. Just make sure you ask them to steam the veggies with no butter.

If you really want pasta, I think the Pasta Pomodoro with Chicken seems pretty good. When I have pasta at a restaurant, I immediately divide the plate in two and only eat half.

Avoid anything with cream sauce or sauteed.
  • AlexandraR2011
    AlexandraR2011 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I think minestrone soup is good. :) thats what i get from italian restaurants. or wheat pasta with a red sauce:)
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Whatever you get, take half of it and put it in another plate to take home or give to someone else. That way you can choose your portion size.
  • Tammylyn117
    Options
    I would say that since it is a special occasion it's ok to fudge a bit. If you get pasta, wether it's wheat or you have to go with white, make sure to ask for a to go container at the beginning of the meal, and just pack up 1/2 of it so you won't be tempted to eat the whole thing. Then you can either eat it again later in the week, or give it to someone else to have leftovers later in the week. I find that by doing this, I don't end up eating more than I intended. If it's sitting there on my plate, and I'm looking at it, I will eat the whole thing, then feel like crap, because I am so full I can't walk, and because I just ate waaaaaay more than I ever should have. Good luck!
  • RockAShelley
    RockAShelley Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    thanks for the suggestions everyone! I never really thought about having soup as my meal it's always been more of an appetizer thing in my experience or something to eat when your sick lol. So i might try that. But i also really like the chicken Parmesan with veggies....

Is shrimp about the same calorie wise as chicken? for some reason i always thought it was worse....
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Plain grilled shrimp is 28cal per ounce, so I guess it depends on how large the serving is and the size of the shrimp.