Weight Loss Surgery Buddy Network

Options
Hello, I am in the process of setting up a UK Buddy Network for anyone who is thinking of or has indeed had some type of WLS.

The idea would be to be able to pass on a phone number or email address of allocated Volunteer Support Officers in geographical areas of the UK, and they can give as much or as little support as required.

Any we would not be able to give any medical advice, just advice from our own personal journeys.

If you would be interested in joining such a network in any form, then let me know by dropping me a message.

Replies

• shazzahare
    Options
    I am seeing the sugeon on the 4th October for a date for my surgery or at least be put on the waiting list.:bigsmile:
  • Jadesmommy2003
    Jadesmommy2003 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Greetings,

I am not from the UK but can provide virtual support and suggestions. I am a veteren Lap band patient of 4 years with over 113 lbs lost. I am full aware to to make my tool work and when I slip how to fix it.
    Crystal
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Ok, now I get what your thinking. Yes, I would gladly participate.
  • shazzahare
    Options
    Saw my surgeon monday I had to loose 5 kg but I managed to loose 7 kg which is great. I now have to have a camera put into my stomach to check all ok then it is a four month wait. And I can not gain any weight till then so all well.