Nutritional yeast

MrsJax11
MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
edited October 3 in Food and Nutrition
I just learned that nutritional yeast has 8 g of protein per serving! I love it because it is delicious and knew it was full of vitamin B, but now it will incorporate it into a lot more!

check out this link -- it was very informative: )

http://nutritiondiva.quickanddirtytips.com/nutritional-yeast-good-for-you.aspx

Replies

• MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    My friend bought me a bottle of it...told me it was good on popcorn (I'm kinda sorta in love with air-popped popcorn, LOL). I tried it but it didn't really taste like much. How do you use it?
  • Lucylaser
    Lucylaser Posts: 94 Member
    I LOVE the stuff. I put it on popcorn and sprinkle on veggies and rice. I make a great veggie risotto with it and use it in place of some of the cheese.
  • mikioi
    mikioi Posts: 86 Member
    I use nutritional yeast to make my sisters (recipe) mock chicken tofu patties. Drain and dry a block of Extra Firm tofu. (Dry off excess water with paper towels) Cut in to little patties. Fry in a non-stick pan to cook. Then you just sprinkle on the nutritional yeast while its still in the pan and then spray braggs liquid aminos on top.
  • busterrocks
    busterrocks Posts: 35 Member
    Nutritional yeast has become a staple in my diet. Check out peasandthankyou.com and her recipe for Mmmm Sauce. I use it on veggies, rice (bowls), as a dip. It's so good.
  • I just ordered some and can't wait to start using it!
  • i make this- a lot- http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=4552.0

i put it on pasta, steamed veggies, baked potatoes... i make nachos with it... so good.

i've used both Earth Balance non-dairy spread and Land o'Lakes light butter in the recipe and it turns out great no matter what you use. :) be sure to add just a pinch of cumin, if you enjoy the taste. it really adds a great flavor.
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    bump for later
  • DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    Nutritional yeast has become a staple in my diet. Check out peasandthankyou.com and her recipe for Mmmm Sauce. I use it on veggies, rice (bowls), as a dip. It's so good.

I love nutritional yeast! It's very similar in texture to cheese when added to food. I'm on a plant based diet (no meat or dairy) so I add it to soups, garlic bread, etc. Here's a quick and yummy meal (has to be cuz I don't cook!). Throw a large potato in the microwave (after puncturing a few times) and microwave about 7 minutes. Mash it up a bit on a plate. Add salt, pepper, nutritional yeast, salsa and Rooster Sauce. Yummy!

It's also great in spaghetti sauce. Give it a try!

Lastly, it's a superb and reliable source of B12. If you are on a plant based diet, it's great to supplement with B12, or make sure you get enough yummy nutritional yeast!!
This discussion has been closed.