Weight Loss & Wrinkles

Options
I'm 28. I've lost 60 lbs in the last 7 months. My face is much slimmer than it was when I was heavy. The only complaint I have is all these wrinkles on my face. I think because my skin was somewhat stretched while I was heavy, and now I don't have fat or fluid in my face, the skin is sagging some. When I smile, when I cringe, I get way more wrinkles than I had before.
Has anyone else experienced this and what did you do to remedy it? I don't have money for collagen injections ;)

Replies

• sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Oh Yes I do!!! BUT its much worse when your 39, so be glad you lost your weight as young as you did!! I just use lots of firming creams and moisturizer......not sure that it has even helped :angry:
    BUT on the other side, I would rather be a lil wrinkley then fat!!! :sad: So I am just dealing with it!
  • ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I have wrinkles in other places from being overweight too. Someone at work who lost a great deal of weight seems to have tightened up a lot without surgery. I asked her secret and she said toning workouts but she still has some facial wrinkling. I am guessing some skin tightens up sometimes and either we have to deal with it or get surgery...sad to say but still better than carrying excess weight, right?
  • vodkaswigger
    Options
    bump to read responses to this xx
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    drink water and don't smoke tons chin exercises
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Mostly it is genetics - some people have very elastic skin, others don't. But what HELPS, is don't smoke, get plenty of rest, drink lots of water, always include healthy fats in your diet that are omega and vitamin E rich and last (but not least), encourage blood flow to those areas; like massage or standing on your head!
  • LillyMosley
    Options
    I think because you are so young your skin will recover a bit in time, some hints from someone who is 48 and lost weight, gained weight all her life, don't keep doing it, try your hardest to keep this weight off, no smoking, no direct sun on your face, and look after your skin every night without fail, your older self will thank you dearly
  • therealkittymao
    therealkittymao Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I am 38, and I see the same thing going on!! I feel like using a good moisturizer and drinking lots of water helps. I LOVE Neutrogena stuff.
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    ok...as the old lady of the bunch, I can tell you that facial exercises really help! I bought an inexpensive book on half.com. We have a lot of muscles in our face and they can all be exercised! :bigsmile: