Not Sure How to Calculate This...

I'm not sure how to calculate my activity level and calories burned. In my diet profile, I have it set at sedentary, but I have 7 month old quadruplets that I stay home with. We live in a split level, so I do climb stairs a bit as I have to make multiple trips up and down to move my group from their bedroom to living room and back to bedroom (twice a day). Plus I'm up and down and crawling around on the floor quite a bit as well. For lack of a better analogy, I imagine it's much like running a daycare (although a lot more fun!)

What would you set your activity level at? And do I put any of this as exercise? I know there is an exercise in the database about carrying an infant. I just want to make sure that I'm doing this correctly.

Replies

• skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 926 Member
    I would up the activity level by one. I don't remember what is next, Light Activity?
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    If you up the level, do not add any activity as exercise unless its something out of the ordinary. If you don't up the level, then add everything as exercise. I think it would be easier to up the level...
  • carlarikin
    carlarikin Posts: 51 Member
    I agree with the comment above. I would up the activity. Raising quadruplets is definitely not sedentary. :)
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Totally agree. I'd put your level at lightly active and only add in exercise that you do above and beyond the obvious (stairs, lifting babies, laundry, etc would be normal activity, but running, or lifting weights, or doing a workout DVD would be counted extra). It's less work and right now you need all the time you can get!

Congrats on the quads.... a handful of blessings I'm sure!
  • rebysue
    rebysue Posts: 136
    I would definitely up your activity level. I have my profile set to lightly active (I have five little ones of my own) and I still log all of my workouts (not day to day stuff like going up the stairs, but actual workouts) and I have still lost weight doing that.