Looking for more friends. 75 pounds lost so far.

Options
Hi everybody. My name is Jacki. I've been on MFP for six months now and have lost 75 pounds so far. I'm a 43 year old mom of two teenagers who run me ragged. I started this for them, but now it's really all about me. I started at my highest weight of 348. Total bummer. Just found pictures of me at Xmas time and I can't believe how out of control I let it get.

I started out not even being able to lift my legs into my pants. Couldn't walk around the block, and did low impact aerobics sitting in a chair. Well today I had my best exercise day of all time. I went to the gym and walked for an hour on the treadmill...2.5 miles all uphill. Boy was I proud of myself. And a little dizzy by the time I finished. Lol. I have come a long way baby.

I weigh 273 pounds right now, but I know I can lose more. And as I do, exercising should get even better for me. See, I don't enjoy exercising at all, but I love how I feel when I'm done.

I am looking for more friends. Anyone who wants to friend me, please do. Especially if you have similar goals and similar struggles. Hope to hear from you all soon. Jacki

Replies

• purplebabe2025
    purplebabe2025 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    You've done so well and I'm very proud of you. Defo will friend you, continue the good work.
  • rosaidamiddleton
    rosaidamiddleton Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You have done a wonderful job and I know you will be doing even better.

Fighting!!!!

P.S. If you would like you can add me, I love having new friends :)
  • mazp12
    mazp12 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi there, you are welcome to make me a friend if you like :-)
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Sending friend request--I've been there, and pretty soon we'll be side by side!
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    You have accomplished alot already....feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • tannyb
    tannyb Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi Jacki, I'm Kristel. Your story sounds similar to mine - I think we have a lot in common (age, weight, goals, etc.) I will send you a friend request.
  • KristaWeiss
    KristaWeiss Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Your doing great and you have done so well so far!!!!
  • katrvolb
    Options
    I have not been on here for awhile but would like to continue your journey with you...maybe we can be of support. My goal is 70lbs and I am 18lbs into it so far. Good Luck and keep moving forward!!
  • Baldylocks30
    Baldylocks30 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    wow that is seriously impressive, well done hun and keep at it, you are doing fabulously xx
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your journey so far. Sending friend request! Together we can all succeed!
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Good job...add me if you wish but please read my disclaimer.....saves everybody time!
  • britborn52
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! Exercising is going to be my biggest problem since I hate it! lol You are an inspiration and I would like to request you as a friend! Have a great day!
  • gabbyhayes82
    Options
    you can add me