Trying to be strong!

Options
There's a plate of sugar cookies outside my office. And in the conference where I just gave a presentation, there's a gazillion fresh cinnamon rolls. Two of my absolute favorite sweet treats! So far, I haven't succumbed. If I were the type of person who could have one cookie and not go back for 3, 4, 5, 6 more....I would. But, I know if I have one, I'll be thinking about cookies ALL day long. Damn brain.

It's no wonder I pretty much gained a pound a month since I started working here 2 years ago! :ohwell:

Replies

• mutkin
    mutkin Posts: 109
    Options
    There's a plate of sugar cookies outside my office. And in the conference where I just gave a presentation, there's a gazillion fresh cinnamon rolls. Two of my absolute favorite sweet treats! So far, I haven't succumbed. If I were the type of person who could have one cookie and not go back for 3, 4, 5, 6 more....I would. But, I know if I have one, I'll be thinking about cookies ALL day long. Damn brain.

It's no wonder I pretty much gained a pound a month since I started working here 2 years ago! :ohwell:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    It's all poison!! Stay away! Think of those "icky" faces they put on chemical bottles to keep kids out of them!!! Poison!!!!!!

Memaw
  • mutkin
    Options
    I try to imagine cockroaches crawling on them. lol....sick, isn't it?
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    imagine who ever made them went to the bathroom and didnt wash their hands!
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    You are a whole lot stronger than sugar cookies and cinnamon rolls!

You have the power to decide if you eat them or not. Make the decision that works for you.

:flowerforyou:
  • mutkin
    Options

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww:laugh:
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I just try to avoid going anywhere that I know there will be food in the office!! Drink a big glass of water to fill up your stomach! You can do it!! :flowerforyou:
  • txjenn1
    txjenn1 Posts: 24
    Options
    I feel your pain! I love the cockroaches and the person not washing their hands tricks - I'm going to try them!
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    Options
    Good one Heather0mc, she wrote up above, just think of the last person, who took a cookie or cinnamon roll, that they didnt wash their hands, I have a problem with a co-worker baking something, and not knowing how clean their kitchen is, or if their kid sneezed near the oven, while baking,
    ohhhh, sooooooooooooooo grosssssssssssssssss
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I went to the bakery once and got a huge doughnut.....THERE WAS A HAIR BAKED INTO IT!! Now, when I'm tempted to eat something like that , I think of how that moment made me feel and I can resist!! N a s t y!!!
    Also, think of tonight!!!! Will you be :happy: or will you be:sad: The choice is yours :flowerforyou: Good luck on resisting.
  • jjett822
    Options
    Or.......................they licked the spoon while they were mixing the ingredients.....:and put it back in the bowl........many times.............over and over again...............wink: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
  • borac
    borac Posts: 174
    Options
    Long time ago hubby and i bought some baked goodies.. and i was sooo enjoying mine.. but he has the habit of actually " watching what he's eating " :grumble: .. taking a pc at a time and looking at the food. . ( not calorie wise watching ) .. so he looked at it and he actually found a bugger.. ( is this how you spell it ) .. oh yeah.. that's what he found in it... even after 10 years i'm still gagging.. so..
    i try to avoid buying stuff- make it myself

Try to imagine how dirty the kitchen is.. some people's dishes are not clean.. kitchen towels gross..
    not washed hands - that's important..
    yep.. kids arround the baking - big no no for me..
    maybe they have pets.. the cat was licking while not watched ? dog with the tail arround the food..
    maybe they have roaches in the house ?

ok.. i can pretty much imagine a million and one thing to gross me out :) and if all that doesn't work
    than just remember the scale.. how you will wish at the WI that you didn't do it..

stay here with us don't go to that office..

:flowerforyou:
  • heather0mc
    Options
    Good one Heather0mc, she wrote up above, just think of the last person, who took a cookie or cinnamon roll, that they didnt wash their hands, I have a problem with a co-worker baking something, and not knowing how clean their kitchen is, or if their kid sneezed near the oven, while baking,
    ohhhh, sooooooooooooooo grosssssssssssssssss

lol! i have the SAME problem! i hate potluck day.
  • heather0mc
    Options

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww:laugh:

seee it would work! :wink: