Just want to cry

Options
I have lost my motivation. I was doing so well too. I know what I have to do and finally found a way that was working for me, but ever since I started having some stomach issues, I have slacked so bad. Every day for the past few weeks I have woken up with the intention of doing better than the day before, but it seems like this comes up or that needs to be done and I don't stay focused on my goal. Being "too busy" is a crappy excuse. No matter how busy I am, I know that I should still find the time for a little bit of exercise. Also, no one is too busy to make smart choices in what they eat. The funny thing is, I have a great support system with some really fabulous ladies. I don't want to slip back into my old habits. I NEED to focus.

Replies

• 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Just do it!
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Everyone has these bumps in the road, and you will get through it. So, don't be so hard on yourself. Make sure you're getting really good nutrition - poor nutrition can make a bad day feel worse. You can definitely do this.
  • JenCM
    JenCM Posts: 195
    Options
    You can DO THIS!!!
    I know exactly how you feel though - I've been dealing with the SAME thing. It's hard...but this is just part of the journey and trust me, I know you're not alone in this hump! Just keep pushing....I believe you can and WILL get past this and keep going! :)
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    You can do it. If that is you in your profile picture, they you are so close to your goal. You don't want to give up. You look fantastic!
  • SannaBourne
    Options
    Awh dont cry love <3 you have to keep going!! dont let your efforts go to waste!
    you are BEAUTIFUL and you are STRONG, find that motivation in you & dont give up!
    We are here to support you, & sometimes you fall down but you must get back up :D
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Girl, just hang in there...

You know what to do and how to do it...and the only way to make it happen is to "just DO it"!! Once you start DOING the motivation will come back.

And yes, sometimes we need a bit of a break from what we have been doing to get our body shook up a bit....

Now, get going girl!!!!! =)
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    YES you do, need to focus that is! Motivation comes from within, we can all tell you things you already know but it's take the individual to make that push back to where they used to be!

You can SO DO THIS!:drinker:
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I see something about "stomach issues." Is it a virus? A few days? a week? longer? I was sick with GI issues (stomach and bowels) for about a year. It made me lethargic and tired. I found out how to fix it a couple of months ago and regained my energy. If it's something that lasts more than a week, maybe you have something that needs medical attention?
  • kimbk1
    kimbk1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    look for the reasons why you need to get back on track. what is it that makes you feel like you need to get back on track??? my thing that makes me feel like I need to get back is when I go to the mall and start trying on clothes. I always look at myself in disgust
  • dashnigma
    dashnigma Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Seems to me that just by making this post, you are finding your motivation..now just need to change your inertia...get it moving forward again. See? Even random people have your back. You have this!
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Starting now, It's a brand new day! You can do it..If you like, add me as a friend. I will try my best to offer support.
    I know it gets hard sometimes. I have Multiple Sclerosis. Sometimes the drugs I take mess with my appetite.
    Hang in there....
  • starcrystal3
    starcrystal3 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You've come so far and that is nothing to cry about! I'm sure we will all have our days, or weeks, but we've proven we can do it. get back on track when you can. take baby steps if you have to. you are amazing :)
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Having any kind of health issues makes it easy to fall off the wagon. When you aren't feeling well, the motivation and determination seem to disappear.

Shake it off. Instead of having the intention to make today better, MAKE IT BETTER. Even if it is something small - like making a better choice for dinner or going for a walk.

You can do this. All of us lose that motivation once in awhile.. you can do it. Keep going!
  • melhayes1115
    melhayes1115 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Yes, that's me in the picture. That is one of the few pictures I have actually liked of myself in the longest time. I am just over half way to my goal (I have lost 39 lbs. and my goal is to lose 35 more). I have come too far to give up. I know I will get there. The fact that I have made it this far is such a great accomplishment, but knowing I have made it this far is why I can't give up. I have struggled with my weight for too long. I know what I need to do, I just have to get back into the right frame of mind.
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    NEVER give up! you will regret it if you do!

I posted this earlier today to someone else:

Don't give up! Don't ever give up!
    Don't think you have to give up everything you like. Everythin in moderation. I haven't given up much - pop is the only thing I gave up completely. Don't worry about eating 1 or 2 pieces of pizza - just include it in your calorie count. If you give up I guarantee you will reach a point of frustration again somewhere down the line that will put you back here again.

Rememeber these things...
    1. Until you get in the swing of things, keep saying to yourself "Just Do IT!" (like Nike) Everytime you think of giving up say to yourself, Just Do It!
    2. Be PATIENT. If you can loose 5 lbs. per month you are doing fine. This is not a race, it's a lifestyle.
    3. Never stop logging your food! Log everything. Utilize the database, and the Remeber Meal option. Go to the Community tab and read the thread titled "Did you see the ABC Nightly News this evening?" THAT is your reason to keep logging!
    4. READ the Success Stories on the Community Tab - they are so motivating!
    5. Keep up your exercising. You don't have to kill yoursself - just move.

I've looked at your profile pics - you don't have a lot to lose and you're a pretty girl. The 8 lbs. you've lost already should be a good motivator. Keep going. It's worth the work! Friend me if you like. Good luck!
  • MrsSpratt
    MrsSpratt Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I actually don't think "too busy" is a crappy excuse. Making good food and activity choices takes planning, time, and energy. Sometimes it's hard to find the focus. Can you take a step back and try to concentrate on one or two small things for a few days and see how that goes? For example, commit to eating a healthy breakfast and taking a 20 minute walk every day this week and see if that doesn't jumpstart your drive.
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    What your dealing with is the head game. It is the most critical part of this.

Figure out why you want to change. Figure out how you got to where you are at. Wrap your head around those things and then move forward making better choices.

Most people know the what's (eating better, exercising, etc.). It's the "why" that is the difference for most of us.
  • michaelaleighfle
    michaelaleighfle Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
  • Southernsister
    Southernsister Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I agree..you have come to far to go back. If you have bought junk clean it out and get you some healthy new foods. If you have to start working out slow that is okay too....just do it.
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    I have plenty of motivation for others. BTW your profile pic should be quite motivational for others. Well done !

Feel free to friend me if you wish.

Gary

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/gazz777