Scheduling program

Options
sarah44254
sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
Hi

I'm looking for some software or maybe (hopefully) a free program that I can enter in some info and it will tell me if the times clash. I have a TON (close to 100) of different classes I would like to enter in and compare with each other. Looking at them all laid out is not helping me visualize the best way to arrange them. I am hoping there is something that will notify me if one time clashes with another, or if there is a large break in time, or if the days aren't matching ... etc.

Do any of you know of a program to do this? Or any other hints?

I am trying to figure out what classes I will take in my next semester and it is boggling me. Usually much easier than this! :) Thanks for any help.

Replies

• tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    the only program that i know that may possibly work is excel.....have you tried doing a spreadsheet on there yet?!
  • sarah44254
    Options
    I do not have excel... there is a free google doc spreadsheet though, i suppose I could try to use that!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I do not have excel... there is a free google doc spreadsheet though, i suppose I could try to use that!

def!!! I would think that any spreadsheet would work...as long as you can figure out how it works!
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Off topic but I like your Full Metal Alchemist signature. :D
  • sarah44254
    Options
    :) Thanks Ocarina. I must mention that I played Horde, though ;) notice the past tense. totally loved WoW for a long, long time.

Tara - I am having to enter in each 5 minute increment. I don't know how to tell it to add that itself. I don't know if that is more work! have not had any real training in spreadsheets
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    :) Thanks Ocarina. I must mention that I played Horde, though ;) notice the past tense. totally loved WoW for a long, long time.

Tara - I am having to enter in each 5 minute increment. I don't know how to tell it to add that itself. I don't know if that is more work! have not had any real training in spreadsheets

Create a formula that adds 5 to the prior time. Copy that cell and paste for as long a range as you need. Be sure the cells are all formatted as being times.
  • anewpath
    anewpath Posts: 200
    Options
    what kind of email do you have? have you tried the calendar on email? i use microsoft office email for work and put everythong on it.
  • sarah44254
    Options
    well I have it all listed out on the excel now.

Still confused on what classes to take ;_;
  • sarah44254
    Options
    figured it out, YAY! :drinker: