anyone else on the Zone diet?

Options
I am currently trying Dr. Barry Sears (The Zone). I started because i like the 40-30-30 balance, I never was good at high protein low carb like Atkins and south beach. I was wondering if any other members are "in the zone" lol sorry couldn't help it :blushing: and just everyone's thought on it in general. best luck on all your goals!!! :smile:

Replies

• Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I'm not in the "Zone" meaning following the book or reading it, but I've set up MFP to keep me at 40-30-30. Good luck!
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I also do 40-30-30, but no Zone affiliation.
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I also do 40-30-30, but no Zone affiliation.

^this
  • asugar
    asugar Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I am starring the Zone diet today and would love support. I have about 3 of Dr. Sears books!!! Its kind of hard with some of the weird ingredients so I am hoping I can stick to it!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,238 Member
    Options
    I did the zone for a while but found I was getting way to obsessive about 40-30-30. It works primarily because it like MFP restricts your calories to establish a calorie deficit. I had just as much success simply counting calories and not worrying about my macro nutrient mix. The advantage of the zone is that it tends to focus on good healthy meals.
  • asugar
    asugar Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I think you are right, They have a lot of multi ingredients meals which is difficult to shop and cook for. I am already having a hard time with it and it's the first day.