First NSV

Options
freew67
freew67 Posts: 348 Member
I feel like I started this journey 4 scores and 7 years ago. While its really only been a few months, I have managed to lose 33 lbs in about 8 weeks. I figure a few more weeks and I will break that 300 barrier. Now whats that have to do with my NSV? Everything... At 340 lbs and being a athlete trapped in a fat guys body, I knew I needed to start off slow to save my body from not falling apart. From day 1, I started to walk and ride a stationary bike 5-6 times a week. I want to do a 5k race in the spring. Ive never been a runner and Ive always hated the thought of running. I havent started the c25k prog yet but plan on it once I get under 300. So I figured I will attempt to jog a little during my walks about 3 weeks ago. Last week I managed to jog .6 miles before passing out. Each week I was building. So finally, my NSV. I think it was last Friday I managed to pass the 1 mile marker. Not only that I made it to 1.5 miles. WOW! 300+ lbs and I just jogged 1.5 miles. TBH Im not sure if Ive managed to do that in my entire life. I have no idea what my time was, I was to busy catching my breath. Now... that really wasnt my first NSV. On Mon my goal was to pass the 1.5 mile mark. At least 1.75 and if I had enough juice in the tank attempt 2 miles straight. I know this was a stretch but if you dont push you will never get any farther right? So at 307 lbs, I can say I managed to jog past the 2 mile mark and actually completed my first unofficial 5k. I finished 2nd to my son by at least 2 feet (jogging stroller). I completed the 5k in 45:35. I didnt begin this journey to start jogging I just wanted to improve my health for my boys. So fellow 300+'s, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. No its not the light at Krispy Kreme that says they are fresh either.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!