Dear students: how to avoid mindless snacking whilst studyin

*Studying

This is a huge problem for me. Lately I've been trying to be better by having blueberries of sultanas... eating one by one so it lasts longer! haha.

But does anyone have any tips to avoid this?

Replies

• Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    I've been working on this too. I find that grapes or popcorn are really good to snack on and I also make sure my water bottle is in reach so I drink water instead of going for the food.
  • try drinking water... i have this thing where when im bored i have to be consuming something but if youre focusing on water... maybe youll forget about snacks.
  • melindenmark
    melindenmark Posts: 279 Member
    i also have this problem but find having my water bottle full and there helps alot!!
  • Chewing gum and flavoured mints, suck dont chew (otherwise if your anything like me they'll all be gone in 2 minutes) Blackberry Eclipse are one of my favourites. And lots of zero/low cal drinks! cocoa in hot water and zero cal sweetener (its only about 30- cal for a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa) , tea tea and more tea! Embrace the tea! :P and black coffee of course :)
  • I usually get a little nauseous if I eat too much popcorn, because it really fills me up. So I snack on that, grapes and my favourite... POMEGRANATE! It takes me really long to eat just one, and it gives you good skin. So wave goodbye to those stress pimples. :) Besides, its only 100 calories per (large) fruit :)
  • It also helps if you isolate yourself from the snacking environment. If I study in my room, the fridge is right there, but in the library I have nothing to distract me but gum and water :)
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Agree on the water. I read that being thirsty can actually manifest itself in the form of hunger pangs. I also limit myself to one form of snack only. It's fun - Pita Chips and a Laughing Cow Lite wedge - but I've had it enough that it doesn't cry out to me as loudly. And having nothing else around to snack on keeps it limited.
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    I just don't do it =P
  • lots and lots of herbal tea. Berry, peppermint, green. Sure you get up every 15 min to use the loo but it worked for me when I was studying.
    No eating at the desk-ever. When it was time for a meal I left my room and ate at the kitchen table or outside. helped seperate the two for me.