I'm new. :)

Options
Severely overweight young mother of two, looking for guidance and encouragement. Feel free to add me, I don't bite...hard.

Replies

• Nessiep
    Nessiep Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    hi you are on this site so you will do fab hon ..i'll add you
  • chris_mann
    Options
    Hello Newbie,

Im kind of new to this site too and am trying to get fit- as directed by my boss. I am not overly fat, just not excersized for a few years so I took his challenge.

Using this site, I find that cleaning burns calories (whoppeeee), and if I can try and beat my calorie intake, adding a little excercise, I lost 21 lbs in 3 weeks. Running small distances did help- 20 minutes at your own pace. I moved to 30 minutes (3.4 miles) the second week, which is at a slow pace of 35 minutes.

My acievement was to compete in a military fitness run (I had to pay for it as a civilian) and shall I just say I completed the 12 km run (uphill, downhill, through muddy streams and with obstacles).

I am now going on another military fitness run in Dec 2011.

Reason I wrote all this, set a traget and dont kill yourself to reach it. Take your time and enjoy it.

Hope this helps.
  • TODJ06
    TODJ06 Posts: 85
    Options
    Severely overweight young mother of two, looking for guidance and encouragement. Feel free to add me, I don't bite...hard.

Hello! Im in the same boat! Im a mum-of-four... female, fat and nearing forty... well, not quite nearing forty... just thought that sounded half ok! haha

Good luck with this.... Its worth it :D
  • court182
    court182 Posts: 307
    Options
    Hi and welcome! Friend request on it's way! :)
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    welcome aboard! just take it one day at a time!!