I have a confession... And I am now ready to talk about it.

Options
13»

Replies

• candicejn
    candicejn Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP, but my mom just had the sleeve due to her own health reasons and in no way is it the easy way out. She's about 2m out and it's been a huge adjustment for her both physically and emotionally. Congratulations on your success, and yay for healing!! :)
  • MerlynAude
    Options
    Jessica,

I don't see it as a big deal that you had WLS. Whatever course a person decides to follow to improve their life is the correct choice. I've pretty much stopped using the site. I just check in but rarely imput information. I use it mostly to check for healthy food options for eating out. I've surpassed my weight loss goal. I started at 285 and wanted to get to 185. I've gotten as low as 169 but usually stay around 175. For me the goal now is to keep the clothes size the same! Keep at 'er. You'll make your goal I'm sure!

Merlyn
  • Miggy52
    Miggy52 Posts: 164
    Options
    Your decision to have WLS was a tough one thats for sure...it was a decision only you, and you alone could make. It was something you had to do...you need to do this for your health...and it is not easy...I know a few of my friends have had WLS and they are still struggling trying to do what is needed to be done....they still have to watch what they eat and miind the calories....good for you....your a brave girl.....
  • Arnelle1
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this. There is nothing wrong with WLS surgery, it is just a different path from others. No one knows what another person's health issues are and it is a medical procedure for a medical issue. You still had to work hard and deserve a lot of praise. Congrats!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Your health is the main thing nothing else BRAVO way to go
  • bstreich
    Options
    way to go! This is a weightloss forum... and you lost weight! we all have a different path that works for each of us, and you clearly found yours. I am proud of you for saying how you feel and for doing what was right for you.
  • TanyaDelAngel
    TanyaDelAngel Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else your choice was the best for your health I'm very glad you are doing better now :)
  • gg24
    gg24 Posts: 58
    Options
    Good for you and there is no need to feel like you have to confess. You did what was right for you. It reminds me of when I had my first and I wanted to do it naturally. After 16 hours I couldn't and felt like I had failed. A wonderful nurse told me to enjoy the meds and that in the end the prize was the same. I got a healthy baby. Without the drugs I might not have. So it sounds like you're doing very healthy things, and in the end we all get the same prize, a nice healthy body. We each have our own journey and there is no completely right way to do it.
  • corgifan
    corgifan Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    It takes a lot of courage to commit to WLS. My own parents both had gastric bybass with a duodenal switch. Frankly, while I'm happy they're thinner and healthier, it helped me see I needed to get my act together. It was *not* an easy fix for them, but rather a decision that involved a lot of physical and emotional pain as well as permanent changes to their bodies.

Kudos to you to making the choice to do what needed to be done to protect your health. And don't let anyone say you cheated- I've seen enough people that have had weight loss surgery and put it all back on to know it's not a magic bullet, but a first step that has to be followed by a lifetime of better choices, which sounds like exactly what you're doing!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    don't worry about what other people think (easier said than done). you had to do what was right for you and now you will work to stay healthy! it isn't a free ride...and sometimes you need to do what you did for medical reasons. don't beat yourself up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!