Here to respect my body!

Hi everyone!

I started on here 2 weeks ago because although not overweight I'm starting to head that way...I'm 152lbs which is within my target range however at the start of the year I was 140lbs and this weight increase is NOT muscle.

I'm definitely a comfort/emotional eater and its affecting my shape which is affecting my self confidence which isn't very high to begin with. I want to be proud of my body and I feel like here I am going to try and make myself accountable and be healthy!

First 10 days went great however hit a comfort eat patch and undid all my good work but I'm determined to not let that happen again! Heres to healthy eating and exercise all the way til Christmas!!!

Replies

• 75bk75
    75bk75 Posts: 1
    its a work in progress. Don't beat yourself up just try each day to make small goals .......you will get there:happy:
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Good luck :)
  • ms78
    ms78 Posts: 37 Member
    Well done! my advice is to log everything in here before you eat it - sometimes that will make you think twice about it, or if you see that you will still be under your calorie goal you will enjoy it even more because it will be guilt free!
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Well done! my advice is to log everything in here before you eat it - sometimes that will make you think twice about it, or if you see that you will still be under your calorie goal you will enjoy it even more because it will be guilt free!

Yup, I agree. On weekdays, I log almost all of my food for the day in the morning, and then when temptation hits, I think to myself "ok, if I eat that, what can I get rid of later today? " When eating a donut means skipping dinner, then I put the donut down and walk away.

Keep at it. Log everything you eat, and you'll start to see the connection between which foods you eat and the weight gain. I've been on MFP since May and it has changed my whole attitude about eating properly.

Good luck!
  • Welcome to MFP!!! You'll love it here. You'll be able to utilize this to find great information. If you ever have any questions about nutrition. I started at 267 lbs and have lost 39 lbs since starting MFP in June and my wife has lost 14 lbs. Please feel free to ask. Have a great day!!!!