How often do you/should you weigh yourself?

Options
I haven't had my first weigh in yet..

Idk if I am meant to do it
weekly...
Monthly..

I don't wanna do it daily cause 1. That seems ridiculously obsessive to me *Sorry if you do that*

Replies

• FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week, same time in the morning. if I do it more it's just depressing because your body fluctuautes alot.
  • amfaery
    amfaery Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I do it once a week in the morning
  • kirakaydawn
    Options
    yeah I read that in the morning is the best time..
  • kirakaydawn
    Options
    Weekly seems to be my best option...

Thanks ladies.
  • arfog
    arfog Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I do it Sunday morning! I just did my first one too. :)
  • kirakaydawn
    Options
    I do it Sunday morning! I just did my first one too. :)

yay for first weigh in's!

I am nervous and excited to do my first.. lol
  • Insinr8r
    Options
    Hi, ideally once a week is sufficient but every now and again I'll weigh myself in the middle of the week just to keep myself honest.
  • Frappuzzino
    Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I liked weighing myself best once a week. Since I've hit a plateau, I've tried weighing every day and logging it on www.skinnyr.com, but I find that my weight only fluctuates by a pound, and then if I skip a day weighing myself and logging calories, it ends up showing 2+ pounds less.
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Official weigh in once a week in the AM. I also use measuring tape. Some people will poo poo scales but, I have found it the only way to really track my loss. Measuring tape is still not showing a change and I have lost almost 20lbs ( most off mfp) So I would say both maybe one a week.
  • hlouisej
    Options
    Once a week, usually on weekends. Always in the morning before breakfast. I also measure inches and do that probably every 2 wks.
  • DShayShay77
    DShayShay77 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every morning, first thing in the morning before I eat of drink. Yes, every morning is a little obsessive but if I didn't make a habit out of it I would probably forget to do it weekly so I just do it as part of my daily routine.
  • kirakaydawn
    Options
    Official weigh in once a week in the AM. I also use measuring tape. Some people will poo poo scales but, I have found it the only way to really track my loss. Measuring tape is still not showing a change and I have lost almost 20lbs ( most off mfp) So I would say both maybe one a week.

I am gonna buy a measuring tape... lol
  • vking713
    vking713 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I weigh every Saturday morning when I wake up and without clothes. I will also occasionally weigh in on a Wednesday or Thursday just to make sure I am on track.
  • thebamboophoenix
    thebamboophoenix Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Once a week, first thing in the morning after a pee, butt naked and before breakfast!

If I know I'm eating badly and not exercising well I'll do it more frequently to give myself a kick up the *kitten*! But most of the time, it's once a week.
  • Rompa_87
    Rompa_87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I used to do it once a week on the same day/time.

However, since being at a good weight for my body I do not weigh myself anymore because the scale isn't particularly useful. I have a scale that is supposed to also calculate body fat and accoridng to it I have stayed at 75kg (which is my normal weight anyway) but have gained 5% bf in the last 3 months according to the scale even though the difference in the mirror is noticably different (closer to the 14% mark).

So after you reach your goal weight I recommend weighing yourself monthly to make sure weight isn't creeping on but the mirror will be more accurate at that point. At the start of your journey once weekly is enough.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    if you do it more than once a week you would get annoyed at the results. For me, i am gaining weight (muscle) but on thursdays my weight seems to be at its heighest then my weigh in day friday i am back down lower so i get really annoyed , might start weighin in on sundays
  • kirakaydawn
    Options
    I was gonna ask why after peeing..
    Then I thought about it :laugh:
  • kirakaydawn
    Options
    if you do it more than once a week you would get annoying at the results. For me, i am gaining weight (muscle) but on thursdays my weight seems to be at its heighest then my weigh in day friday i am back down lower so i get really annoyed , might start weighin in on sundays

I don't think I'm gonna gain muscle anytime soon..

Wait... Will I? hahahaha
  • mrshickey
    mrshickey Posts: 239
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, that way I can keep track of fluctuations, ie water retention due to sodium, and also to keep track of how certain foods affect me. I expect fluctuations so I dont let them bother me.

I only ever log my weight on here once a week, at the same time and the same day first thing in the morning.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I do monthly weigh-ins! I think it works great because I always see a substantial loss. It's very motivating. :-)