1st month results...26 lbs down!

Options
recesq
recesq Posts: 154 Member
1st month results.......26 lbs down!

Today at my 4th week weigh in I met with my doctor and went over the numbers. I lost 26 lbs during my first month. I also have a readout of the BMI test. I went from 63% body fat down to 59%. I know those numbers don't look like a human could exist with that much body fat....but I do. I'm just glad its going down.

A couple of other things about that test/readout surprised me. I've lost several pounds of muscle, and the water composition in my body has decreased significantly. The H2O loss is great. I wasn't aware though that I would lose muscle. The Dr said they like to see about a 75%-25% ratio between fat and muscle loss. When I work out more, I won't loose as much muscle. So thats my goal going forward...to work out.

However, the most surprising thing came about when I asked about my bloodwork from 3 weeks ago-we had not gone over the results yet. Glucose was on the high side of normal-which is a further indicator of my insulin resistance. Liver enzyme was high-means my liver is processing or has a lot of fat in and through it. And now for the item I specifically asked to be tested for....my testosterone level. The Dr had to go get those results from the lab bc they had not been printed out for the chart yet. When she walked into the room the first words she said were "I've never seen testosterone this low before.".....great.........my level was 98. Normal is 300-800. She then said I need to be on shots and gave me the name of 2 endocrinologists. So I'll let you know how that goes when I do,

As far as how I feel? A lot better. I can walk from my car to my office without loosing breath or having my back cramp. I can stand for over 5 minutes without pain or effort. I've gone up 3 belt holes. I can put on socks without almost having a heart attack. I'm wearing pants I couldn't wear 2 months ago.

This past week I started doing something I never could do. I eat supper at 6-7 pm and then thats it! Nothing after that. I go to bed around midnight. I think that helps a lot! I cut down on diet pepsi and I cut down on NAture's Own double fiber bread. I'm trying to keep my carbs to 50g or less a day.

My Dr's plan is 15g of carbs max per meal, and no more than 50g a day. This is real similar to the primal or paleo plan on www.MarksDailyApple.com  I've gotten a lot of motivation and knowledge from that sight.

I got a food processor for my birthday this week. I'm going to make my daughter low carb chicken nuggets, the Blaine Jelus way. Finely chopped pork skins will be the coating. Low carb is the only way I can keep off the weight. If I can enjoy eating the 3-5 meals a day w/o the carbs, then I should succeed. Lets hope. But for now, I'm taking it one day at a time.

J. Galt

Replies

• felicityksr
    felicityksr Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Great job! That is a fantastic weight loss for 4 weeks!
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your first month results! You are definitely going the right direction...those small Non Scale Victories mean so much! Good luck on the rest of your journey and keep it up, you're doing great!
  • TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! I am a Paleo/Primal eater if you'd like to be friends.
  • rainman3k
    rainman3k Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • BettyandVeronica
    BettyandVeronica Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Well done.Exellent result.Keep it up. Good luck with the testosterone thing.
  • DawnLosing
    Options
    KEEP IT UP!!! THAT IS AMAZING!!! And yes I'm yelling :)
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Be proud of your successes. You are changing your life & adding years to it. I am so happy for you! Shelli :)
  • triski73
    triski73 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! it's amazing to realize how much our weight affects the rest of our health. This first month is just the beginning of increasingly better blood test results (as well as amazing life changes) for you! Keep it up!
  • bjsmith418366
    Options
    that is sooooo cooool!!!!
  • MsCyone
    MsCyone Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • StarGeezer
    Options
    Fantastic, my friend! We're in the same boat, you and I... both the same age, both about the same weight, and both on a journey to find the fantastically fabulous healthy guys we both know we have inside! Feel free to add me to your friends if you like! Stay positive, bro! You can and will do it! :)
  • Amyeeeeeee
    Amyeeeeeee Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You dont know me but you should. I am your motivator friend. I am so proud of you!!!!! To be able to walk and not be short of breath is a blessing. AMen and keep up the good work!
  • LJSpady
    LJSpady Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the progress! Keep up the good work!
  • LJSpady
    LJSpady Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the progress! Keep up the good work!
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Nice work. You had an amazing month so far!!! Keep up the good work!!
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    That's a fabulous 1 month loss! WOW! What an inspiration! Keep up the good work! BTW, "Who is John Galt?"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!