Fiber mix

Options
So what's peoples opinion of taking fiber? I'm talking about the powdered stuff that you mix in your drink. I use to take it but then I read negative affects on it so I stopped. Though I wonder if anyone here is taking it.

(Also I did really bad today at my work meeting ._. check my food diary 10/16/11 snacks.)

Replies

• msqdpie
    msqdpie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Fiber One Bars are Great I like the 35, Flax seed is also Great for you and Heart Smart! Quaker Quick Oats also Makes Some Fiber Oats! Hope this helps you!
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    if your eating enough veggies whole grains,seeds nuts and fruit you should be getting plenty of Natrual fiber. I hated the supp they never worked the right way
  • mssgirl11
    mssgirl11 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    metamucil powder has alot of positive benefits. it helps lower cholesterol, helps with digestion, and helps prevent colon cancer. i work with a dr who takes it twice a day. i take fiber choice, they are chewable with 2gm fiber/tablet. hope that helps.
  • shelbyweeeee
    shelbyweeeee Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I consume a great deal of fiber everyday... some where around 50-80g!! I believe for me that was a huge part of my weight loss success!! I do drink the crystal light with fiber while at work, but not on the weeks. I also eat ground flax seed and add it to my foods. Generally, I try and have no less then 5g of fiber per meal, but as much as 32-35 in a meal. It took a long time to be able to get to this point though... you get very gasy and stomach cramps if you increase to quickly. The key to eating that much though is that you HAVE to drink a lot of water, otherwise, you can get constipated from the "bulking" effect that it has to keep you feeling full.
  • carloP90X
    carloP90X Posts: 109
    Options
    This is great info. I started adding more fiber to my nutrition plan recently.
  • onceabyrne
    onceabyrne Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I average around 30g of fiber through my regular diet so I don't add any additional through supplements. I have a green smoothie every day for a mid-morning snack - a great way to get some servings of fresh fruits & veggies in your diet.
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I consume a great deal of fiber everyday... some where around 50-80g!! I believe for me that was a huge part of my weight loss success!! I do drink the crystal light with fiber while at work, but not on the weeks. I also eat ground flax seed and add it to my foods. Generally, I try and have no less then 5g of fiber per meal, but as much as 32-35 in a meal. It took a long time to be able to get to this point though... you get very gasy and stomach cramps if you increase to quickly. The key to eating that much though is that you HAVE to drink a lot of water, otherwise, you can get constipated from the "bulking" effect that it has to keep you feeling full.

What do you eat to get such high amounts of fiber??
  • shelbyweeeee
    shelbyweeeee Posts: 154 Member
    Options

What do you eat to get such high amounts of fiber??

I eat canned pumpkin, flax seed, fiber one cereal, fruit (mostly apples, raspberries & blackberries), high fiber tortilla wraps, polaner fiber jelly.... anything that has extra added fiber. I seek it out purposely. I have to have a minimum of 5g in a meal or snack. If that does happen, I make sure have my other meals higher.

It does become difficult at times to eat as much as I'm supposed to because of it. Sometimes, I am just to full to eat, but I know how to work around this with my body. I've been doing this for over a year :)