Need help regaining my motivation...

Options
Hello all, I have been on my weight loss journey for almost a year now and am now finding that I'm out of motivation. I think its because of an overall lack of motivation im experiencing with life right now and could just use some encouragement...:frown: :indifferent:

6790382.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Don't give up now...you have lost so much weight already....you just have to take it one day at a time, log in your food intake and keep moving. You can do this.....:smile:
  • eviledna
    eviledna Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hiya. Snap, I have posted today looking for inspiration also, so will help if I can. You've done brilliantly so far so youu know you an do this :smile: e x
  • supergirlie00
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I would however like to commend you on losing 33 pounds! That's very inspiring to me because I've had little to zip motivation. I wish you the best of luck and hope you get your groove back :)
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    It's ok....we all lose motivation every now and then. Just take it one meal at a time....maybe mix up your routine? New foods? New exercises? You have lost a great amount of weight...don't stop now!! Besides, look forward to some cheats here and there with the holidays coming up LOL ;)
  • Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Please don't give up! That's what the Devil want you to do your Blessing is right around the corner just stay firm in GOD's word! He will give you just what you need to make it. I'm send you a friend request right now! Be Bless!:smile:
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    You've definitely come to the right place for motivation. We'll cover you with motivation. Sorry you're experiencing lack of motivation with life right now. That will pass. You've done great in losing 33 pounds already. My weight loss journey has been a heap of ups and downs until I found MFP and some wonderful friends who encourage and inspire me. The road is a little rough along the weigh (pun intended), but you will find the friendly and helpful people on this site to be very encouraging and motivating. Hang in there and keep logging your food and exercise and you may find that you'll regain some excitement for life! Best wishes on your journey and feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • salient09
    salient09 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! Your words of encouragement really mean a lot! I'm trying to be positive. Life and all that it entails can just get all overwhelming sometimes....
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    It's ok....we all lose motivation every now and then. Just take it one meal at a time....maybe mix up your routine? New foods? New exercises? You have lost a great amount of weight...don't stop now!! Besides, look forward to some cheats here and there with the holidays coming up LOL ;)

This^ and like I always say you either really want this or you don't!!

“There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.”

‎"Believe in yourself and know that you'll cross the finish line. No one can want it bad enough for you. You have to want it for yourself, and more than anything else."

"Just do it!!!"
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Take one step at a time.
    Force yourself to smile when you feel like frowning. Love what you see in the mirror no matter what the scale says. Make sure you are doing this for YOU.
    Reward yourself at mini goals met.
    You are beautiful.
    You are worth it.
    You are amazing for putting forth the effort to go this far and will be an unbelievable encouragment to others and have a forever pride in not stopping now- on going to the finish line and raising your hands in triumph. Not, because your first or fiftith but because you won- you beat the doubt !
    You can do this :)
    Remember, smile laugh and love yourself.
    -Kimmy
  • demningoreilly
    Options
    I know how you feel. I seem to have lost my motivation too. We both need to get back up, shake ourselves off and keep on going. You have accomplished too much to give up now. Keep up the good work. Good luck!!!
  • cardglor
    Options
    I know that I need to keep on doing the "do's" when my motivation is low. Back to basics of filling in the food log everyday is a big help. You have come a long way with your weight loss. Congratulations! Don't ever take that effort away from yourself. It probably felt like slug work and not always enjoyable but you did it. Don't give up on yourself:flowerforyou:
  • Smadayrrek22
    Options
    I had the same problem as you, but honestly 2 things helped for me. 1.) reading other peoples posts in forums such as this and 2.) making a YouTube channel about my journey. Both these things help me stay focused and pumped up about what lies ahead for me! Take it one meal at a time and you'll make it to your goal!!

YouTube Chanel about Weight loss: smadayrrek
  • AlexJourneyHall
    AlexJourneyHall Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm glad to see I am definitely not alone in losing motivation right now. I really need to get it back. I've tried just dwelling on what I want from this but that hasn't completely remotivated me. I've recently switched up my workout and my diet. I'm not sure what else to do.

Any help is welcomed