HIDE IT!!!!!! lol.

Options
I know that 3 pounds isn't a lot to most people, but it is making my life just to see the scales lower little by little!
I really need to have someone hide my scale from me and give it back like once a week so I stop weighing in everyday, then I might really surprise myself... lol!
This is a good day! :)

I'm so proud of all of you out there for doing such a good job :)

Replies

• deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Smash your scale to pieces. That usually solves the problem.
  • fivetwo84
    Options
    3 pounds IS a lot! Just think about a 4 stick pack of butter [which is 1 pound], & think of how heavy that feels! Celebrate any loss you have, even if it is "just" 1 pound! :]
  • robyng1986
    robyng1986 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    lol @ deathstar.

actually i have the same prob. i would jump on my scale everyday. last yr I made my sister keep it away from me so maybe that will really work for you. but once every 1 or 2 weeks is a good way to gauge weight loss.
  • richx83
    richx83 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    i stopped myself doing daily weight checks by keeping my scales and my parents house, i would weigh in when i went to see them each week :smile:
  • janarmac
    janarmac Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've had my boyfriend hide the scale on me so that I would stop checking it everyday ( or more ) then every Saturday morning he takes it out and lets me weigh in for the week.
  • imalikat2
    imalikat2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    It's hard to break that habit of weighing every day... I've been doing it for years. Many years ago it was suggested to weigh everyday just to keep yourself in check, but I guess times have changed and I, too, should probably hide the sacle! 4 pounds lost if awesome! Keep up the good work!
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I weight myself daily so I can see how my body fluctuates! Helps keep me honest.
  • bethanyarin
    Options
    Way to go with the 3 pounds!! That's fantastic!

I put my scale underneath a whole bunch of stuff in the closet. I'd have to actually move some boxes that have been sitting there needing to be organized if I wanted to pull it out. LOL

So I weigh once a week at the gym. Tuesday morning is kind of my gym ritual day - get there early enough to go weigh in, record my numbers, warm up, and do a strength routine. The weighing in part is the part I get excited and hopeful about, so it's a good way to get me to the gym too! :-)
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Way to go with the 3 pounds!! That's fantastic!

I put my scale underneath a whole bunch of stuff in the closet. I'd have to actually move some boxes that have been sitting there needing to be organized if I wanted to pull it out. LOL

So I weigh once a week at the gym. Tuesday morning is kind of my gym ritual day - get there early enough to go weigh in, record my numbers, warm up, and do a strength routine. The weighing in part is the part I get excited and hopeful about, so it's a good way to get me to the gym too! :-)

That is such a good idea! I might just do the same, my scale is currently in my bathroom...I think I need to put it back in my closet...or take the batteries out XD I'll weigh in at the gym :>
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I told my friend that if I ever got a scale, I would put it on the top of my cabinets because I hate having to climb on the counter to get stuff off of there because I'm so afraid of heights. I said that I would probably end up walking to her place to use her scale! lol