Shallow reasons for dieting

Options
2»

Replies

• cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Well, I think I look good no matter my weight, but I have naturally high self esteem. But, I do have what some would consider shallow reasons for losing weight. I want to make guys drool since so many blow me off at the size I am. :P I am an amazing, intelligent, open and funny person but they can never look past my weight. So, I can't wait to be the curvy hot chick with the high standards and brains :P
    Whatever your motivation for losing, simply keep trying to be healthy :)
  • dianeellen2
    dianeellen2 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Yes my stomach sticks out so much I can't see my penis!
    I love that reason :blushing:
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    While my health is growing more important to me as I age, I will fully admit that my main focus is being able to wear cute clothes again.

Yup!! That was my first reason. Health. When I put 40 of it back on...Stupid Me....I started over again because I refused to buy bigger clothes. I LIKE my cute outfits!!!!!!
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    i want to be the hottest woman my boyfriend has ever dealt with. straight up.
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    If it causes you to eat better, exercise & create a healthier lifestyle, then there is nothing shallow about your reasons, whatever they may be!! :happy:
  • strongnotskinny121
    strongnotskinny121 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad, a large part of me deciding to lose weight was because my pants didn't fit. I went in to buy new jeans and didn't like the size I was up to. Even though I was 100 lbs overweight I didn't have any health problems and could easily bike or walk for miles. So it was probably mainly for vanity, since clothing sizes have been my main motivation to lose.

This was also part of my reason for wanting to lose weight! I was tired of having to buy larger sizes, when I have plenty of jeans in smaller sizes I could wear if I wanted to. I don't think it's shallow at all!
  • NCSean
    NCSean Posts: 14
    Options

Effin' awesome. The part that sucks is me too. LMAO.
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Is being better at sex shallow?
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

No. You are trying to please others, not yourself. That's self-less....
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options

this***

and wanting to be the hottest person he's seen naked!
  • Marazene
    Options

That is called the dikydoo disease. Your stomach sticks out more than your dikydoo.

I do suffer from this terrible disease......:noway:
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I'm fat and annoyed with being fat.

I'm tired of my legs rubbing together when I walk and my butt having craters in it.

My gut and my rack are the same size. There's something wrong with that.

Lingerie. I love it, but HATE how my butt and back ooze out of the cute lace kind. [TMI, I'm sure]

Unhealthy is just not sexy, and I'd like to be sexy. Not for my husband, not for anyone but ME. In the end, it's about ME, and that's about as shallow as it gets. Doesn't matter though. Shallow, deep, whatever. I'll take all of the motivation I can get.
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I have the hi-viz vests too, only now I swim in mine, so keep up the good work! Our office person will not buy s/m vests only l/xl, so I had to take mine in!
  • theome
    theome Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    This is my sad story.
    My friend and I have been off and on since we where 14. Got really serious when we where 21, almost engaged and things broke off but still where very close.. even now, both of us are 25 and got to talking why we don't try again and his answer was that he wanted to but not until i lost weight since he isn't attracted to me anymore. Yea i have put on weight since i was 21, but i never thought it would keep someone who has known me for so long from wanting to be with me.

For some reason this is the motivation what seems to be working for me right now. Although i am pretty sure that when the weight does come off, i won't continue a relationship with him.
  • christybrooker
    Options
    I was already in the healthy range when I started this! I want to drop 10-15 for my wedding. I never thought I'd be the kind of girl who would do that. I've always been proud of my curves. (I actually want my butt to be bigger and it's getting there with muscle.) I just want the middle to be smaller so the curves stick out more. :)
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I mean, really anything beyond health reasons is shallow... So yeah, I am losing weight for mainly shallow reasons. Just trying not to let it take over my life...
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    i am attracted to skinny hipster-looking guys. I need to be skinny tooooooo~ I always get approached by muscular guys >_<

Also, I want a smaller face...if my face doesnt get smaller by the time I hit 85 pounds, im just gonna get plastic surgery and be done with it XD