Just a Question.

Options
When you make a mistake, overeat, under eat, etc, how do YOU respond? Are you the type of person who shrugs it off and continues just like you already are, improve the rest of the day, start again the next day, or just give up and hope you get back on the wagon?

Personally, I'm the type of person who tries to do better the following day and just keep messing up the rest of the day. I am trying to improve, but it gets challenging. If I make this thing so strict, I won't want to keep going.

Replies

• freeofweight
    Options
    I do the same thing! I give myself the day off and then start over new the next day.
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    After I go to bed and wake up...it's a new day to "get it right" I strive for doing what I'm supposed to do that day...not making up for the previous day. I hate having a nagging feeling and that's what it would be like for me if I were worried about the ice cream I ate the day before.

I also wanted to add: Go Gators. Lol
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I'll just repeat what my grandmother told me once: just because you trip over a rock doesn't mean you have to smack your head against it repeatedly.

Part of this journey is learning to not freak out over making a mistake. You get back up, brush yourself off, say, "bad idea," and try not to do it again.
  • Gspice3
    Gspice3 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I really try to eat better for the rest of the day and then count that bad meal as my cheat meal for the week.
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I think it's not the end of the world, and just get back on the old "loosing wagon" and make a fresh start. Everyone is human and everyone from time to time is going to have an off day, it's what you do afterwards that counts. :wink:
  • Raf702
    Raf702 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    When you make a mistake, overeat, under eat, etc, how do YOU respond? Are you the type of person who shrugs it off and continues just like you already are, improve the rest of the day, start again the next day, or just give up and hope you get back on the wagon?

Personally, I'm the type of person who tries to do better the following day and just keep messing up the rest of the day. I am trying to improve, but it gets challenging. If I make this thing so strict, I won't want to keep going.

Overeat, I just start over the next day. Can't travel back in time to stop yourself from eating that 2000calorie cake, burrito, etc. Or I'll hit the gym late at night do some intense cardio. Even though it won't do much, because of how big the deficit is. I will always start fresh the next day equal worry free, stress free, and you can always hit the gym/exercise harder on a new day.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    I'll just repeat what my grandmother told me once: just because you trip over a rock doesn't mean you have to smack your head against it repeatedly.

I love this! :flowerforyou:

I'm the kind of person who just brushes themselves on and moves on. I will usually make up for it the next day by eating less or working out more.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    This is one area where logging on MFP has been a huge help. I "put my diet to bed" each evening and then start over fresh with a clean diary page in the morning.