Destined to Be a Diva Challenge Weeks 3/4

Options
Welcome to the 3rd week of the challenge divas!

Week Three/Four:

Ok ladies, two weeks into the challenge, we see what we are capable of, over the last two weeks as a team we have lost an amazing 103 LBS!!!! That is fantastic guys so lets knock the rest of October out of the park, week 3 and 4 will be a combo for bootcamp, and its asking for a lot because we are so worth it and looking at our exercise minutes I know we can do this.

As extra incentive  the top Diva Star for the next two weeks will be given a fitness goodie basket to help her with the rest of the challenge.

THE CHALLENGE:
The Workout
Monday through Saturday of both weeks, do some form of aerobic exercise (i.e., fast walking, jogging, or bicycling) for 30 minutes, morning and evening, at about 70 to 80 percent of your maximum capacity. In addition, add the following moves:

MONDAY, WEDNESDAY, FRIDAY
Do two sets of the following:

15 push-ups. Try the military kind.

20 biceps curls with five-pound weights. Stand straight. Keeping your elbows at your sides, bend your arms and lift the weights to your shoulders, then lower.

20 triceps kick-backs with five-pound weights. Bend forward at a 90-degree angle and place the weights by your hips. Extend your arms behind you, then back to your hips.

20 front and side shoulder raises with three-pound weights. Keeping your arms straight, lift the weights in front of you to shoulder height, then lower. Repeat, lifting weights to sides.

20 rear-deltoid lifts with three-pound weights. Stand with your feet together and bend forward at a 90-degree angle. Lift the weights straight out to your sides to shoulder height, then lower.

TUESDAY, THURSDAY, SATURDAY
Do two sets of the following:

20 squat-backs. Stand straight, feet shoulder-width apart. Stick out your butt and bend your knees until your thighs are almost parallel to the floor. Straighten.

20 step-ups on each leg. Stand in front of a staircase or stepping bench and step up onto one entire foot (not just the ball) while lifting the other knee up to your belly button, then step down.

15 calf raises. Keeping your torso straight, rise up on your toes, then lower.

40 bicycles. Lie on your back, with your knees bent and fingers laced behind your head. Lift your shoulder blades and feet an inch off the floor and "pedal" by bringing one elbow to the opposite knee, then switching sides.

20 lifting crunches. Begin as above. Lift your shoulder blades an inch, then one inch higher, then another, and lower.

*Also keep in mind weigh in is on Saturday but you can start sending it in on Friday, this helps us be able to get the charts up in a timely manner, as of Saturday night if you haven’t weighed in it won’t count for your team for that week and if you miss two weigh-ins , you will be removed from your team.

Meal Plan:
Up your protein for this week make sure to include it with each meal and try to keep your cals between 1200-1400 cals. Track your food in your diary to keep on plan.

Lets get it divas!!!!!

Wrap Ups from last week, congrats to all the members of Team Fit-n-Fab, you guys rock!
Team Diva
Member Name Loss This Week Exercise
Mins
(Goal:210 Mins) Water Intake
(Goal: 700oz) Total Points
This Week Total Loss of Challenge
Captain MsCyone
Jisdashyt -5 5 -11
Lovedalibra -5 1173 480 15 -7
Classyhoney -1.6 432 490 15 -4.6
*Hershey_kiss* -2.5 240 10 -5.1
Chunkyme -.6 305 400 10 -3.4
Ladileslie -0 ? 0 * -1.4
RhoyalT +2 275 456 5 -.3
Totals: 20.7 lbs lost 3092 60 -53.8

Team Phat 2 Phabulous
Captain: Shajsum
Allybally6 -0 360 400 10 -0
Kaesize6 -.6 * -1.2
MRK7782 -3 128 630 10 -3
Daqueenmom -1 480 275 10 -1
Lsmithjones -2 437 962 10 -4.4
Angsmith79 -0 505 350 10 -4
Tamtyus -2 459 686 10 -3
Totals: -8.6 lbs lost 2251 3032 50 -16.6

Team Fit-n-Fab
Captain:

Plussizeddiva24

Total lost for the Challenge
Garlic7girl +5 110 104 * *
Lexiesweetheart -2 290 208 10 -5
Mycorner99 -3.5 424 20 10 -6.5
lladler -1 250 336 10 -3
Josette31 -1 4436 720 20 -6
GGfit190 -0 510 672 10 *
Brandie91 -2 240 576 15 -4
1rarejewel -2.4 496 290 10 -4.4
Candiceanderson -2.8 335 640 15 -5
Slenderwishes -1.4 209 800 10 -3.7
Totals: 29.8 lbs lost 4146 5901 110 -37.6

Replies

• MsCyone
    MsCyone Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    *edit ladileslie rocked out this week with 272 mins of exercise and 498 oz. of water, sorry Les I thought it had updated before I posted it.
  • MsCyone
    Options
    *******Don't reply to this thread changing the challenge for the week to something easier.**********
  • MsCyone
    Options
    Alright updated challenge:

Good morning divas!!! This week's challenge has been updated to tracking all of your food(by completing your exercise and food diary every day this week honestly :)) (to bump the scale still aim for the 1200 to 1400 range) and the exercise challenge will be to push yourself to do a two a day (work out in the morning and in the evening) and equal at least forty five mins each day, if you really want to push your self aim for at least 30 in the morning and thirty in the evening.

Post away!
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I am soooo ready for this challenge... Cyone I started the 17 day diet today, but tanti is in town so hopefully I will still show good numbers on the scale come weekend...did you follow the menu in the book or did you just go by the guideline...
  • angsmith79
    Options
    Cardio and weights done! I really had to push myself today!!! Those weight exercises are a beast!!!!
  • MsCyone
    Options
    Cardio and weights done! I really had to push myself today!!! Those weight exercises are a beast!!!!

Great job!
  • MsCyone
    Options
    Monday Exercises:

AM: 35 Minutes Jump rope.
    50 Squats
    10 Pushups (I'm getting stronger :))
    100 Bicycle Crunches and my stomach was tight.

PM: Zumba 150 Minutes( 2 Classes and 1/2 of another)

Not a bad burn,. have to work on adding enough protein tomorrow.
  • 0nmyway2thin
    Options
    I joined this challange for motivation and encouragement from u ladies and u have done ur part I am to hold myself accountable and I have not done that I ducked out on weigh-in due to my unhealthly eating eating and bad choices...I am starting new today I will not give up on myself and ask that u ladies dont give up on me either :flowerforyou: I will do a weigh in tomorrow morning :heart:
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I had a very successful day yesterday. I was up at 5am and ran 3 miles (30 minutes). There's no time for me to workout in the evening (have kiddies to bathe, make lunches and next day breakfast) so I worked out in the after noon. I did the 30DS level 2 and then took a 10 minute break and ran another 3 miles in 30 minutes. After I was done it felt amazing!!! I had a workout high. I worked out for a total of 82 minutes......and I drank 144 oz of water. My total calories consumed for the day was 1206.

Today is shaping up to be another good day. I did my 3 mile run this morning and I plan to do the shred and another run this afternoon. I am pretty sore from the shred yesterday but hopefully I can work it out before it's time to do another round. Now I have to plan my meals for the day.
  • candiceanderson84
    candiceanderson84 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I wasn't able to get a workout in yesterday morning (I'm coming down with a cold...) but I managed to do 45 mins on my ellipitical and Level 1 of the 30DS when I got home from work so hopefully today I will be able to do the same if this cold doesn't lay me out.

That 30DS is no joke every time I do it I feel as though I'm about to die...

Good Luck everyone this week!!!
  • chunkyme
    chunkyme Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You Ladies are Killin It!! Keep up the good work!!
  • Plussizediva24
    Options
    that 1200-1400 calories would not be enough for my weight and the amount of exercise i do. i need 1500 or more to keep me in fast fat burning mode. i notice that cutting my calories too low stops me from losing weight. but as far as the exercise done :)
  • classyhoney
    classyhoney Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    This has been a very rough week. I've only lost weight because of stress but I'm getting back on track.
  • iamladibeast
    Options
    Hi ladies, great job on pushing yourselves...Congrats to us all :drinker: today I did ChaLean Extreme Push Circuit 2 and 90 minutes on the treadmill...my legs are killing me but I feel great...
  • iamladibeast
    Options
    Hi ladies, finished my Insanity this morning, now am hitting play for CLE push circuit 3...have to keep moving..hope everyone is having a productive day..