Ab definition

Hey guys, what are your favorite core exercises? I'm just now starting to see some definition in my abs when I flex and I really want the look of a super sculpted core. what are your favorite exercises that really work?

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    I'm a big fan of bicycle crunches, but I have no definition in my abs yet (still very overweight).

Great job on your weight loss and for working on your fitness though! I hope to have abs like yours one day :smile:
  • haha thanks, they're not that great yet but I really want them to be! you'll get there!
  • hanging leg raises, side planks, mountain climbers!

i'm pretty happy with my upper abs but i'm having trouble with right around my belly button. i blame my two kids :) the hanging leg raises/swings have helped me a ton though!
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    mountain climbers. sit ups with weights. burpees.
  • I think I'm going to start more circuit training to get the abs I want, because I know all the cardio I do now isn't going to do anything if I'm not toning what's underneath the last 12 lbs of fat:)
  • Oh, and giving up chips helped me :) And running hill sprints/HIIT workouts helped with burning off that last layer, especially that love handle area :)
  • InvictusPheonix
    InvictusPheonix Posts: 129 Member
    I've seen the best results with "bell towers" (pics on muscle and fitness website) and my personal favorite, 'bat crunches' where i hook my legs over a bar/something stable (so i end up hanging) and then curl up to touch my knees with my elbows (usually while holding a 10 lbs plate)
  • oh those bat crunches sound fun!
    I'm trying to add more hill running into my workout to burn off the last bit!
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    oh those bat crunches sound fun!
    I'm trying to add more hill running into my workout to burn off the last bit!

high intensity running helps build the "V" shape muscle in the lower abs.
  • Roman chair knee raises and twists - such a burn in abs and obliques.
    and
    the plank (front, back and side) is a good simple yet most effective exercise and you can alter the intensity of it just by changing a few simple parts of you :)

one other - any of the ab exercises you can do on a BOSU is great - the bosu challanges your inner core muscles to switch and activate = drawing your belly in apperance :)
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    My top ab exercises...bicycle crunch and anything with planks or side planks.