Snack Antidote

Options
If you find yourself wanting to snack, I suggest brewing a pot of mint tea. I don't feel like snacking on anything when I am sipping my lovely, unsweetened mint tea.

To me, few foods really go with it. I realise that there are people from Northern Africa and the Middle East who would disagree with that, but it works for me.

Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    If you find yourself wanting to snack, I suggest brewing a pot of mint tea. I don't feel like snacking on anything when I am sipping my lovely, unsweetened mint tea.

Drinking tea = Dunking something in it. It's the law. Be it a cookie, a kitkat, or something more extravagant.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I don't like tea. Do you have any suggestions that could help me?
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options
    That is a great idea! Another proven method, is to search YouTube for 'Colonoscopy'.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Drinking tea = Dunking something in it. It's the law. Be it a cookie, a kitkat, or something more extravagant.

Not MINT tea. Nothing dunkable goes with it.
  • Contrarian
    Options

No. Sorry.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I've heard mint can be a good appetite suppressant, so I'm not surprised this works!
  • HMonsterX
    Options

I'm sure a mint Kit Kat would go in nicely...
  • Contrarian
    Options
    That is a great idea! Another proven method, is to search YouTube for 'Colonoscopy'.

True. Actually, footage of most surgical procedures will work. lorINill, try that instead of mint tea.
  • Contrarian
    Options

It won't. Stop being difficult and drink your mint tea.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options

True. Actually, footage of most surgical procedures will work. lorINill, try that instead of mint tea.

Thank you for the suggestion. :flowerforyou:
  • Prazzie
    Prazzie Posts: 11 Member
    Options

How about water with mint/lemon/lime/oranges/strawberry slices? Or keep trying different tea varieties until you find one you do like. I drink jasmine tea, because I love the floral scent. Doesn't taste the way it smells, though, lol!
  • HMonsterX
    Options

I'll stick to mah PG tips ta :)
  • dez_yaoichan
    Options

i like mint and chocolate so an oreo would be perfect! lol. but in general, hot drinks make me not hungry lol. i have to focus on not burning myself and completely forget my hunger
  • Contrarian
    Options

*sigh* There will be biscuits...
  • Contrarian
    Options
    I've heard mint can be a good appetite suppressant, so I'm not surprised this works!

THANK you.
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I love mint tea, especially when Christmas comes near, and it's easy to start dreaming of hot chocolate with marshmallows. "Candy cane" tea does quite nicely! :wink: "Ginger Snappish" tea also does quite nicely.
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options

If it ain't Tetley it ain't tea...just sayin'
  • jabaa91
    jabaa91 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    lol!
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options

Chew some mint gum - it has saved me from many snack attacks. Or brush your teeth.
  • Jean410
    Jean410 Posts: 104
    Options
    I have a few tea varieties that I've been drinking at night that have helped - that's MY snack time. I don't think it really matters what kind it is, just that it works for you.