best cardio to lose belly fat

Options
2»

Replies

• Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    walking helped with mine.. but dieting helped most of all.. abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym

Very true words!

I hate cardio, and I was able to lose over 100lbs without cardio and I was able to get my bodyfat percentage into single digits without cardio.

If you like it, then great, do it. But I hate it when people say "you have to do cardio to lose weight" it's simply not true. Also you can give your heart a great workout with strength training.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    walking helped with mine.. but dieting helped most of all.. abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym

Very true words!

I hate cardio, and I was able to lose over 100lbs without cardio and I was able to get my bodyfat percentage into single digits without cardio.

If you like it, then great, do it. But I hate it when people say "you have to do cardio to lose weight" it's simply not true. Also you can give your heart a great workout with strength training.

Spoken like a true prodigy. Well said.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    and FYI...when people say "abs are made in the kitchen" they are NOT suggesting to do your crunches in front of the fridge.:wink:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    a caloric deficit...

if you are already pretty lean then there may be a thing or two to help out (HIIT etc)
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    and FYI...when people say "abs are made in the kitchen" they are NOT suggesting to do your crunches in front of the fridge.:wink:

Lol +1
  • RickinNH
    RickinNH Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    The best exercise for that is "lots."
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    running or swimming
  • Raf702
    Raf702 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    ive dropped lost of weight but still have at least 5lbs of belly fat.. been doing tredmills bikes elliptical just wondering whats the best cardio burn and best workout for the abdominal area.. any input is good

It will always come down to your dieting. Professional body builders when it's competition time and there days away. They fine tune their diet in order to come on stage peeled, ripped, etc. And they only increase their cardio time if they even do it.

Same goes for the average person. If your trying to lose that last 5-10lbs it all comes down to fine tuning your calorie consumption. Make adjustments to how much calories your taking in. That can be increasing protein, decreasing carbs, increasing fat, etc. Making minor changes to the macro-nutrients that overall affect your total calories consumed. Just stick to your cardio routine and make the adjusts in your calories. If you really want to do something different with your cardio. Then think about doing Plyometric exercises, like sprints, etc. Explosive type work outs, similar to HIIT. That's solely up to you though.

When I want to dial in that 5lbs or so, I just look at my calories make the changes, and leave my cardio the way it is. And bam, I've lost those last 5lbs and sometimes even surpass it. Just food for thought! Good luck
  • LadyG33
    LadyG33 Posts: 46
    Options
    I cut carbs, especially bread, and notice a loss in the belly area! Good luck!

I would agree to this. I was in a rut, but started lowering the carb intake and have noticed my belly has been finally going down.
    Good luck!
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work..but you have to keep eating healthy and burn way more than you eat.
  • Midwest_VaBelle
    Options
    I have the same problem. I'm told that for every 5 lbs lost, you can hope for an inch reduction in the waist. I haven't had that luck. In general, it seems that fat leaves my waist last. So all the things needed to reduce fat anywhere are what will tackle the waist. It's just the last area to reduce...on my body. You may have the same problem. At this point, I"m trying to do something different and I'm going to try interval training. I am targeting 1 more inch in the waist to go!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It's all about overall body fat reduction. Stuff like HIIT and Core Training will help strengthen the muscles which will increase the visibility of definition but you need to eat very clean. Reducing carbs can help as well.
  • bhessjerz
    Options

aww that seemed like a win :)