Help! What do I do?

I'm having a very hard time staying on track, especially with my eating. I haven't lost any weight. The problem I have tonight is that I really want tortilla chips and salsa while I watch Desperate Housewives tonight. Bad idea?? I only have 103 calories left for the day. Should I do more exercise so that I can eat those calories? Should I just skip the whole chips/salsa idea? I don't know what I should do.

Replies

• if you REALLY want the chips and salsa then earn it. do the exercise FIRST and then portion out your serving and put the rest away. win win!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    I would eat some chips and salsa. There's no harm in going slightly over your intake. Even if you're over by a couple hundred you will likely still lose at the end of the week unless you have some goofy settings or a really small weightloss goal.

I would also not stress out over chips and salsa. Get close you your daily goals. You'll be a bit over sometimes and sometimes you'll be a bit under. It's all an estimate anyways.
  • Just focus on eating healthy so your body can adjust back to it's healthy habits. At this point I wouldn't care about calories. Just eat lots of veggies and fruits.
  • EMc4452
    EMc4452 Posts: 187 Member
    You know what to do! You just want us to say it's ok to eat the chips! Earn them...otherwise just eat 100 calories worth.
  • gingermack
    gingermack Posts: 14 Member
    Chips and salsa are staples in my casa! Salsa is great for you and not many calories. The trick is to find some tortilla chips that don't mess it all up. I have found some chips that I am now faithful to. The are called La Flavorita chips. You get 12 chips for 60 calories. I find them at King Soopers. Not sure where else they can be found.
  • When I know I am going to give in to temptation, I have a Nairns Stem Ginger Oatcake/biscuit with a thin layer of crunchy peanut butter. The oats in the oatcake and the protein in the nuts quell the hunger pangs and I don't want anything else for a few hours. Around 90 calories. for 1. I added them to the database yesterday so they should be on there now. It was something that was given to us as an afternoon snack at a boot camp I went to. You can subsitute the stem ginger oatcake for a rough outcake to reduce the sugar and provide more roughage.
  • kirstiey
    kirstiey Posts: 243
    you have been on here since 2010 and you haven't lost any?
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    If you like chips and salsa then pre-plan for this kind of thing in the future! Make your own chips out of some grilled Mountain Bread, and make your own salsa...mmmmm....so good! :)
  • EMc4452
    EMc4452 Posts: 187 Member
    you have been on here since 2010 and you haven't lost any?
    This is exactly why she should not eat the chips!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Celery and salsa!
  • fordster99
    fordster99 Posts: 181 Member
    If you have corn tortillas you can make your own chips and salsa is very low cal. I cut my tortillas up and bake them in the oven and sometimes just for a change, I will add different spices to them. I think for 2 small corn tortillas its about 125 calories and salsa is low in calories so you won't go over by much.
  • kirstiey
    kirstiey Posts: 243
    I'd skip the Desperate Housewives too....
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Eat in moderation. No need to exercise, just focus on eating clean tomorrow....
  • Thanks everyone! For those wondering.... Yes I have been on here since 2010 but its been on and off and I've lost up to 37 lbs at one time but then I've gained it back. Since making yet another commitment this time around....like 12 days I think, I haven't lost anything.