My first remarkable accomplishment...NSV

Options
5 weeks ago, Sunday morning. As many other sunday mornings, I was watching TV, resting my big butt on the couch and doing nothing but eating snacks.
From that day to this morning I chenged my life. I started to eating healthier food, doing exercises (at least 5 times a week) and overall taking care of myself.
This morning, with 20 pounds less than 5 weeks ago : I woke up at 7 AM, I ate my breakfast at 7:30 and went to my very first race in the last 15 years. 7 kilometers (about 4.4 miles) ahead of me. My goal: Get to the finish line. My secret goal: finish the race in under 45 minutes running the entire time.
9:30 AM, The race begins!. A lot of people (5000 according to the organization) begun the race. Some of them professional athletes. The rest of us, amateurs.
10:10:05 AM, 40 minutes and 5 seconds later, I crossed the finish line.

Today I felt my efforts paid off. I´m really happy for what I did. 5 weeks ago I wasn´t able to run for more than 5 minutes even at a very slow pace. Now I ran at a very acceptable pace for 40 minutes, and I thought I could continue running for another 4 miles more.

My wife and daughter were there (they did a 2.5 kilometers walking race) and I felt great.

My next big goal: On april 2012 I will run half marathon.

Replies

• Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Great job! :flowerforyou: I'm no where near you, but we are more active today than we were 5 weeks ago.
  • macylane4
    macylane4 Posts: 224
    Options
    Awesome..it took a lot of courage to even try...I want to, but definatly couldn't have did it that fast!!!
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You will continue to benefit from your efforts! Keep up the hard work:-)
    YAY!!!
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Two weeks....and a lifestyle change makes its presence known! Awesome for you!
  • jodieunited
    jodieunited Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    omg after just 5 weeks thats amazing!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!