Foods that are always better organic:

Options
Significantly better/worth the higher price.

I'll start.

KETCHUP.

Replies

• DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I don't actually know any. But I like your stockings.
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Grass fed beef, pastured chicken and eggs, soy and corn definitely, plus any fruit or veg you plan on eating the skin of
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Significantly better/worth the higher price.

I'll start.

KETCHUP.

totally agree with you on ketchup! I live in Pittsburgh....everywhere you see is Heniz... but honestly it sucks compared to some awesome organic ketchup.

I think organic dark chocolate is fantastic.
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat everything organic soo.. everything? :)
  • lagutta
    lagutta Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bananas,
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Second vote for beef. Also, oddly, baby carrots.
  • quitmakingexcuses
    Options
    One specifically, I say coffee.
  • yeahfatty
    yeahfatty Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    grapes!
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Maple syrup.
    I won't touch the fake stuff with a 10 foot pole.
  • Raf702
    Raf702 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I don't really pay attention to orgranic or non organic foods. I just watch what I eat and see the progress, lol.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I don't really pay attention to orgranic or non organic foods. I just watch what I eat and see the progress, lol.

^ This, however if people claim a significant taste improvement with organic, I'd give it a shot.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

^ This, however if people claim a significant taste improvement with organic, I'd give it a shot.

plus juan
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    All i notice about organic stuff is it costs on average 30% more for...well...slightly less, especially in meat.

And it spoils faster...

Really can't see what all the fuss is about =/
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options
    Supermarket "organic" never justifies the cost (for me).

Fresh, locally grown meat and produce from the farmer's market (organic or otherwise) is well worth it (flavor-wise).
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options

Fresh, locally grown meat and produce from the farmer's market (organic or otherwise) is well worth it (flavor-wise).

That nice that it justifies costing 30% more? For the price I'd expect my organic chicken to stuff itself, baste itself, and ring me at the pub to tell me when it's ready...
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options

That nice that it justifies costing 30% more? For the price I'd expect my organic chicken to stuff itself, baste itself, and ring me at the pub to tell me when it's ready...

LULZ.

I've never spent exrta on chicken, not worth it. I do, however taste the difference with local produce, beef, and game. I rarely pay more than 10-20% more than supermarket prices, and sometimes less (hit the vendors at the end of the day and haggle - they'll usually cut you a deal rather than pack the stuff up to bring back).
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

For the price I'd expect my organic chicken to stuff itself, baste itself, and ring me at the pub to tell me when it's ready...

LOL
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Organic strawberries taste so much sweeter than regular strawberries. Either that, or I just got lucky when I bought them last.

I find that organic food generally tastes a lot better than regular food. It is ripe and sweet. It might be a little smaller than foods laced with fertilizers and pesticides, but the taste is different.

I haven't tried organic meat yet. I did try some organic milk and I honestly didn't like it. It was too thick.
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options

What justifies the cost, to me anyway, is the health benefits. The lack of hormones, the better conditions for the animals, the lack of crap in their feed. Sure it spoils faster, but I just either a) buy it as I need it, or b) freeze it until I'm ready to use it. *shrug*
  • quitmakingexcuses
    Options

What justifies the cost, to me anyway, is the health benefits. The lack of hormones, the better conditions for the animals, the lack of crap in their feed. Sure it spoils faster, but I just either a) buy it as I need it, or b) freeze it until I'm ready to use it. *shrug*

Same!