need more energy

Hello I am Danielle, I am 22 years old and I have a beautiful family that consists of my husband, daughter (4 months old) and my son (11 months old). I am a stay-at-home mommy and I need more energy and more drive. I lost my baby weight and then some but I want to be in shape. I am doing this also for my husband who needs motivation to lose weight. I have used the website for a couple days now and I love it. I am super excited to weigh what I did in middle school.:smile:

Replies

• Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Do you drink coffee? I used to be a coffee addict but I gave it up and now I actually have MORE energy than ever! So if you do drink it, maybe it's time to give up the addiction. I get all my energy now from the healthy foods I eat, especially fresh fruits and veggies. You'd be surprised how energizing they can be! When I really need a pick-me-up I'll make green tea. I'll have coffee as a rare treat. But with small kids, it might be really difficult... So just try to eat more fruits and veggies if you're not ready to give up caffeine yet.

Welcome to MFP!
  • Plenty of rest, fresh fruit and vegetables (Get most of your carbs from fruit... for a huge calorie/vitamin bonus!), and a steadily growing exercise routine will definitely pay off with more energy. Great goals!
  • well, oddly enough I have more energy now than i did. Excersise is what give me energy. It may sound weird because I thought it was a first, but it is true. I cant excersise close to bedtime because I wont be able to go to sleep!!! Plus I am sure that me eating healthier has alot to do with it as well.

Good luck!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    I like to eat smaller meals during the day. Seems to keep the energy up! :)
  • No I don't drink coffee that often. Maybe once or twice in two weeks.
  • Thanks for the tip. I am exercising more. I just need to eat more healthy foods.