Question about carbs...

Options
I have been doing ok staying under or at my calorie allowance for each day, but I go over my carbs almost every time. Should I worry about this or is it ok. I am usually over about 5-20 carbs... Thanks!!!! :smile:

Replies

• PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options
    As long as your calories are in order, your carb count doesn't matter a whit.
  • danabrown68
    Options
    Well, after revisiting my diary. I see when I am over in carbs, it is like 30+...that might be bad, huh? LOL
  • Hissweetheart
    Hissweetheart Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I think it would depend on how your weight is. Are you losing at a pace you are happy with? Cutting carbs always helps me!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    If you're just getting started then concentrate on calories for now. If you find you aren't losing weight after a while, then you can start playing around with the macronutrient ratios (carbs/proteins/fats).
    Just make sure you are getting lots of good fresh food in there and you should be OK.
  • danabrown68
    Options
    Great!! Thanks!!!
  • vzucco
    vzucco Posts: 229
    Options
    I have been consistently over on FAT, which is much worse, and am still managing to lose. I do keep right at or under the calorie goal though. I don't think carbs are as bad as people make them out to be. Just make sure those carbs are whole wheat, whole grain, and veggie and you'll be more than fine!