i don't eat fish

i hear it is very healthy but i just can not get past the smell and texture. the smell part i find funny because i enjoy going fishing with my kids and i will cook it. on the other hand i eat anything that dose not came out of the water. i need some good ideas for cooking with hamburger meat and some good chicken ideas that will be good for me. got any ideas in mind?

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Can you eat beef in other forms or must it be ground?
  • krlong6
    krlong6 Posts: 30
    Hamburger is high in fat, ever try venison? It's very lean and tastes great!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Unfortunately I don't eat hamburger meat or chicken. Just fish so therefore I cannot help you there, but if you would like some yummy fish recipes let me know.
  • oh i can eat beef in any form dose not haave to be ground :smile:
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    try this...get yourself a piece of tilapia. rip off a sheet of aluminum foil, put some EVOO down, put the fish on top, add a solid amount of dill, Mrs. Dash's original recipe and either lemon pepper or fresh lemon. add some minced garlic if you like garlic. put the foil with seasoned fish on the grill. when you see the edges turn white, flip the fish and season the other side the same way.

it tastes totally different when cooking with this seasoning than when cooking it without seasoning.
  • have not tried venison will give it a shot though.....
  • i will try that and hey if i don't care for it my husband and kids will love it they eat alot of fish
  • got any good Salmon recipes thats what my husband and kids like the most :smile:
  • H_Factor
    got any good Salmon recipes thats what my husband and kids like the most :smile:

of all the fishes, I like salmon and sea bass most without seasonings. you could always add a little lemon and some dill.
  • H_Factor
    something I'm making tomorrow....brown up some ground chicken or ground turkey (and, yes, you could use ground beef...but that comes with added calories). cut up lettuce and tomatoes. add 2% shredded cheese. mix everything together. add fat free catalina dressing or salsa. that's my low calorie "taco salad". you could add some broken up doritoes to get the crunch and more flavor if you like.