Calorie question

Options
Its the end of the day and I just finished dinner. I am stuffed, but my daily calories are low. Should I eat just to get the extra calories in? I did have 2 bad for me snacks today as well. I could have some fruit or something healthy, but is itnecessary? I am about 500 calories shy. Thanks for any advice.

Replies

• PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options
    Don't worry about it.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Not a big deal every once in a while to be under.
  • esmecgg
    esmecgg Posts: 38
    Options
    Have you logged any exercise? Is it your Net that's 500 short, or your Food in general?
  • JennyJacobsen
    JennyJacobsen Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Personally I wouldn't eat a snack if your full tonight! U may just be a little more hungry tomorrow just have a little more then!
  • chrisc16
    Options
    You should get at least 1200 calories a day or you might go into "starvation mode" and your metabolism will start to slow down a bit.
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options
    You should get at least 1200 calories a day or you might go into "starvation mode" and your metabolism will start to slow down a bit.

Myth
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    Yeah i would not worry about it once in awhile it happens. If you are fully why stuff
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Not a big deal every once in a while to be under.

^ This. If you are consistently under, or you are under because you think you should go faster than you really should, then it can be a problem.
  • mylifex2
    Options
    I am consistently under my calorie goal for the day, so one time shouldn't be all that bad
  • cpldjski
    cpldjski Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have not logged any exercise today. {today is house cleaning/errand day so unfortunately exercise is on the back burner}. I just worry because I am not at even 1200, let alone the 1450 MFP tells me I should be at. Thanks for the responses everyone.