healthy breakfast that keeps you full

Options
Any recommendations on breakfast ideas? I don't have time in the morning to spend time cooking a meal, but cereal and fruit just don't keep me full for that long. Any thoughts on alternate quick AM meals?

Replies

• adrianneboyd
    adrianneboyd Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Eggs, use some Mrs. Dash on some scrambled egg whites....Delish and filling...

There's also oatmeal or Sara Lee 45 calorie bread with some I can't believe it's not butter....less calories and still fills you up!
  • armacd
    armacd Posts: 95
    Options
    I'm not much of a morning person so I need a quick breakfast too. So I typically have a shakeology shake every morning, its quick and I can just mix it up in my shaker cup and go, or make it at work. And it keeps me full all morning.
  • Julieelliott12
    Julieelliott12 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    fiber one cereal and 1/2 cup milk
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Eggs and bacon :D
  • cardglor
    Options
    cooked oatmeal with fruit is filling. Works for me. I may have a slice of whole wheat toast if I'm still hungry.
  • Rklane
    Rklane Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm sure others will disagree, but I do an Egg McMuffin from McDonalds almost everyday. 300 calories and keeps me full till lunch. The sodium is a little high, but works for me.
  • chris1529
    chris1529 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time getting full on breakfast too! I'm actually eating frosted shredded mini wheats (cereal) with 1% milk. It actually keeps me full until lunch time! I also have a cup of coffee with it. It must be all the fiber in it lol.
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I eat a banana or an apple with 1-2 TBSP of natural peanut butter 5 out of 7 days/week. The fiber & protein keeps me full & satisfied until my next meal or snack. I try to eat every 3 hours.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Two weetabix with hot milk and a little brown sugar, Wholemeal toast with pate.
  • Nurse_krissy
    Nurse_krissy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    This is my go-to breakfast if I don't have time to cook:
    2 Whole Wheat, Low Fat Eggo Waffles
    1-2 Tbs of almond butter
    1 Tbs of pure maple syrup (not that pancake syrup crap - splurge and buy the REAL stuff!)

Has fiber, protein, and carbs. YUM! YUM!
  • Wyldcat89
    Options
    I've been eating a bagel thin with peanut butter and either a banana or a yogurt along with it..
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    I like to make a shake with almond milk, almond butter, and protein powder. I also add in two hard boiled eggs. I don't get hungry until lunch.
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal keeps me full forever! I buy instant oatmeal, Target store brand (market pantry or archer farms, idk which) has a great pumpkin one but there are so many great flavors!
  • lnorwood81
    Options
    I make a large batch of boiled eggs once a week and I eat three boiled egg whites every morning. I also don't eat cooked oatmeal but I do eat it dry with cinnamon, dark chocolate and chopped prunes. Then I also eat fiber one with skim milk. Super easy breakfast and most of it can be made the night before.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    two pieces of toast, a tablespoon of peanut butter on each, and a banana sliced in half, and then half again (long ways). or just a regular PB&J. make it the night before, and wrap it in tin foil and put it in the fridge.

however, i love making myself an egg omlet (whole eggs) with either chopped tomatoes or peppers, on a whole wheat wrap. love it.
  • socialite1
    Options
    I do 2 slices of whole wheat cinnamon raisin bread with peanut butter and a hard boiled egg.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    You can precook eggs to use for egg sandwiches.

My current faves are oatmeal with a tablespoon of peanut butter and a chopped apple, half of a pumpkin spice bagel with a tablespoon of peanut butter.

Another option that I love is an everything bagel thin lightly toasted w/ 1 oz. fat free cream cheese, top w/ raspberries or sliced strawberries, a couple of slices of deli turkey and baby spinach.
  • mima2mmcna
    mima2mmcna Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite and easy breakfasts is:

One whole wheat bagel thin from thomas'-- 110 calories
    1 tbls peanut butter on one half -- 95 calories
    1 wedge of laughing cow cheese light swiss on the other half -- 35 calories
    1/2 cup yogurt with 1/4 cup blueberries -- 115 calories

Total of 355 calories and I'm good til lunch!
  • jesabee
    Options
    Chobani yogurt and fruit or Pure Protien protien bar 20g of protien 200 calories. Keeps me full til about 2pm.
  • geekymom57
    geekymom57 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Every weekday I have a 6 oz Light and Fit yogurt (80 calories), 1 serving of almonds (170 calories) and 1 cup of mixed fruit (about 50-75). I eat it at my desk (I have to wait an hour after taking a medication) and it keeps me very satisfied until lunch. Weekends I often have a breakfast sandwich (one over-hard egg fried in 1 tsp of butter, 2 pieces of low calorie whole wheat bread or a whole-wheat sandwich thin, 1 T muffaletta for "zip", and 1 oz of cheese--total calories about ). It's also very satisfying and filling.

I'm not a cereal or oatmeal kind of person so that is never appealing to me no matter how hard I try to like it.