Goodbye fat clothes!

After losing 30 pounds, I was very reluctant to give up my "fat clothes" --God forbid--what if I needed them again? Fortunately, I have two pregnant co-workers who needed them much more than me, so I gave them all away! Well...these last few months have been rough...I haven't been tracking like I should and I have gained 6 pounds back. I went scrounging for my favorite "fat pants" since I could no longer button my new size 8's. I didn't think I gave that pair away! :explode: After 15 minutes of searching...I gave up. I cinched my pants together with a hairband and headed to work. What cracks me up the most--my coworker walked in, and says "thanks for the pants! I love them!" as I look, I realize she was wearing the pants I had looked for all morning! (how weird!) :laugh:

Point of the story--give up your fat clothes! I am so glad I did. If I had found those pants that morning, I would have been comfortable wearing my size 10's again...then maybe it would have crept back up to my 12's and then who knows....the 14's! Thankfully, I was uncomfortable with that darned hairband cutting into my gut all day, so I am using that as motivation to get those 8's buttoned comfortably again! I will NOT be asking my friends back for my old clothes and I will NOT be throwing more money into a whole 'nother size of wardrobe. I WILL keep losing weight and pray I will never need those clothes again! :happy:

Replies

• starcrystal3
    starcrystal3 Posts: 91 Member
    :bigsmile:
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    you can do it!!!!!
  • Great job! I did the same thing :bigsmile: I packed 4 large trash bags full of clothes and took them all to work whatever did not get snatched up I donated to a women's shelter. I must say that while I missed my comfortable clothes at first, there is just a feeling of having a safety net that I no longer had; I even joked around with my co-workers that if I were to start gaining weight back I'd have to go to work naked, or at least in my underoos :embarassed: . They all got a giggle out of it, but I was dead serious, I have absolutely nothing in my closet larger than an 8.

Every time I open the closet doors I am reminded of how much clothes I got rid of .. oh well, it's all for the best! You are doing great work :flowerforyou: keep it up!
    ~Daisy