Confused about how much to eat!!

Options
I am new to this program and i have a quick question. I am sure that this has been asked a million times, but I can't really find an answer.

HOW MUCH DO I NEED TO EAT?

If my daily calorie limit is 1700, does that mean I should try to eat 1700? Close to but not over? Is there a range?

From weight watchers, I realize that there is like a minimal amount of calories that I need to eat otherwise I won't lose weight as quickly.

Bottom line...if I am not hungry do I need to keep eating and is there a minimum?
I figure that a program as sophisticated as this should tell me if i eat too low.

PLUS. I was told to eat all of my exercise points...right?

Thanks all!

Mike

Replies

• madisonsteelex
    Options
    if MFP put your calorie limit to 1700 to lose a certain amount a week, you should try to eat as close to that as possible. If you want to eat your exercise calories back, that's up to you. You should never eat less than 1200 calories a day.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Never eat less than 1200 calories a day, try and get close to your 1700 but if you are full at 1300 then stop eating.

You will get conflicting views about eating back the exercise calories. I find that it doesn't work as well for me. Try it for a week or two and if you gain or don't lose try not eating back the exercise calories for a week or two and see what happens!

Also don't forget your water!!
  • Mikeinstlouis
    Mikeinstlouis Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. How much water should i be drinking?
  • madisonsteelex
    Options
    I drink about 3 liters of water a day. Thats about 12 glasses and minimum should be about 8 glasses a day
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    As a MALE, you shouldn't net less than 1500 but I think it's a good idea to net the daily limit MFP gives you (1700 plus any exercise calories) since MFP already gave you a calorie deficit when you signed up and picked how many pounds you want to lose per week. I would at least try eating all your calories for two to three weeks and see how that works before you don't.