Tough time eating up all my calories!

Options
2»

Replies

• LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    wish you luck with your goals. eating wholesome, 'real', unprocessed foods aren't usually as calorie dense as fast foods or other not-so-healthy choices. plus, yes, having two children can also assist in some gain! i know first hand (have 4).

again, good luck! :happy:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for cleaning up of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

4) Do not attack/slam/insult other users. The forums are here so that members can help support one another. Attacks or insults against each other takes away from the supportive atmosphere and will not be tolerated. You can discuss the message or topic, but not the messenger - NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, YOU will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself, defending a friend, etc. are NOT excuses. Violations of this rule are taken very seriously and may result in being banned without warning! If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/14923-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting

At our discretion, this thread may be locked in the near future.

With respect,

MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Whew........wipes brow. That would have been a lot easier if y'all would have reported and ignored the rude post!

Now to the task at hand. I fully understand how you feel in your calorie goals. I went from eating crap all day long, not a care in the world for what went into my body, and never moved far from the couch.

Once I logged that garbage for a week:noway: I dropped carry out. Then white bread. Then added veggies....etc. Adding in the exercise was the only way I could live without looking like a screaming banshee :laugh: 1500-1600 a day and I lost 36 pounds, post menapausal, 47 year old mother of 3 with a herniated disc on pain medication. It CAN be done!:drinker:

When I was younger I would diet and eat 1200 or less cals, and ended up in the hospital. The doctors there told me 3 important things (after 8 hours on an IV drip of saline:sad: )

1. Drink plenty of water, and if you can a bit of gatorade type of drink, but only 6 oz or so.
    2. Eat foods with high water count, such as lettuces and watermelon.
    3. Eat higher quantities of protien. This is more calorie dense, and fuels the body better.

Now that came from the doctors after I finally passed right out with a baby in my arms.

I hope this helps. It sounds like your doing a wonderful job. It takes a while for your body to get used to the new lifestyle. Feed it. Hydrate it. You'll do GREAT!!:drinker: