Going over your burned calories?

Options
Today I went for a brisk walk for 24 minutes and it equals out to be 141 burned calories... Im about to clean my house, im sure I will be working for more then 30 minutes, but lets say I don't, 30 minutes is 88 burned calories for a total of 229 calories which is...

59 calories over... Yeah the walking was a hard on me (Im outta shape xD) But i feel like I should be doing MORE excersise, and im already over my limit? Im confused.

Replies

• xenanoo
    xenanoo Posts: 69
    Options
    Today I went for a brisk walk for 24 minutes and it equals out to be 141 burned calories... Im about to clean my house, im sure I will be working for more then 30 minutes, but lets say I don't, 30 minutes is 88 burned calories for a total of 229 calories which is...

59 calories over... Yeah the walking was a hard on me (Im outta shape xD) But i feel like I should be doing MORE excersise, and im already over my limit? Im confused.
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I don't understand your question...

Are you saying you are burning TOO MANY calories?
  • msujdak
    msujdak Posts: 141
    Options
    Don't worry about going OVER your allowed limit. MFP will just adjust your calorie intake and should you coose to eat those extra 59 calories is up to you. The more you burn, the more you lose!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you mean. I never heard of going over your limit on exercising! It's a new one on me. You can exercise all you want, and MFP will give you higher numbers, so that you can eat more. That's why I do the exercising! :laugh:
  • xenanoo
    Options
    Oh i didn't know it changed it for you. Intresting!

And yeah im going over xD It gives me so few to burn that im going over pretty easily 0_o

Daily Total / Goal: 229 / 170
    Weekly Total / Goal: 376 / 510

Thats with just 2 days of recording excersise =p
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    That is just a goal - what you should try to accomplish. Going over is good!! It won't change your goal number, just let you know that you exceeded your own expectations. BTW - you set that goal up when you registered and you can change it if you want a higher goal in your Settings menu (I think!)

Way to go on the exercise!! I've been a slacker the last 2 days . . . :drinker:

Yup - I just checked. In "My Home" under "Settings" go to "Update my diet/fitness profile" and you can change the # of days and or minutes per day.
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    If you workout more than that you can change your fitness goals!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Oh i didn't know it changed it for you. Intresting!

And yeah im going over xD It gives me so few to burn that im going over pretty easily 0_o

Daily Total / Goal: 229 / 170
    Weekly Total / Goal: 376 / 510

Thats with just 2 days of recording excersise =p

See when you started you set a goal for YOURSELF. this just helps you reach your goal, but illustrating it for you each day.

It helps me when I see I have not reached my weekly by Friday, I kick butt the next few days to make up.

you can always go over!!

Doing good there!:flowerforyou:
  • xenanoo
    Options
    Thanks everyone =) This is all new to me and I confuse easily by nature xD