No appetite

Options
I'm going through some hard times lately and have no appetite most of the time. I've been forcing myself to eat the minimum 1200 calories, but is it really necessary? I don't want to have my body go into starvation mode, but I also hate forcing myself to eat when I'm not hungry. Any advice?

Replies

• Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    "Starvation mode" isn't really something most people have to worry about. Your body doesn't go into starvation mode because you don't eat much for a few days or weeks or even months. If that were the case the reverse would also be true and our bodies would go into excess mode if we ate too many calories for a few days or weeks. Obviously that doesn't happen or obesity wouldn't be the problem that it is. It would also mean that anorexics and people who are really starving wouldn't lose weight. Those are also not the case.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I find when I don't work out I don't have much of an appetite. I focus on getting 3 good meals in. Sometimes I hit 1200 and sometimes I hit around 1000. I have a tendency not to eat when I'm out of sorts and then I end up snacking all night. This keep me on track.